Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Great White Bear by Skipper424

Printer
Summary: Joseph Carlyle could never get the Patronus Charm to work quite right. He struggled with it through school and it nearly cost him a passing grade on his charms N.E.W.T., dashing his hopes of becoming an Auror. Despite the fact that there were a number of other candidates with more attractive resumes, despite having to work as a cook in a Muggle restaurant, and despite having to live with his wife’s parents when they learned she was pregnant, he never lost his passion for his dream career.

Will he ever succeed in obtaining the job he always wanted? Will it be everything he ever hoped? Will he be able to support his family? Or will the critical gap in his Defence Against the Dark Arts skills cost him dearly?

This story took first place in the June One-Shot Challenge – The Best Patronus Ever. I would really like to thank MissPurplePen and joybelle423 for all of their work and suggestions for improvement.
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 5313 Viewcount: 1171
Published on: 07/02/07 Updated On: 07/03/07





1. The Great White Bear by Skipper424 [ - ] (5313 words)
I would like to thank MissPurplePen for her help as a beta and her input on the “alternate ending”. Additionally, I would like to thank joybelle423. I appreciate your ongoing support very much!