Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Muggle Studies -- The Muggle Way II-Ballet by I_LUV_MOONY

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Yep, that's right! I'm back with a sequel, and it's better than ever. Reviews are always appreciated. Last warning: read the first story first.

STUDENTS IN THIRD OR FOURTH YEAR MUGGLE STUDIES MUST PARTAKE IN A MANDATORY BALLET CLASS TO BE HELD DURING YOUR SCHEDULED CLASS TIME NO WANDS ALLOWED. Class is Wednesday. February 15.

“Ballet?” asked Sirius incredulously.

The Marauders, along with Gwen, Lily, and Tara, had just gotten back from their escapade in the Room of Requirement. They were going up to their respective dormitories when Lily saw the notice on the bulletin board. Remus’ arm was around Gwen, Sirius’ was around Tara, and James was trying slyly to get his arm around Lily.

“Ballet,” confirmed James shakily.

The group exchanged fearful glances. Well, except Gwen and Remus, who were exchanging glances of delight.

“Why do you guys look so cheerful?” asked Tara gloomily.

“We’ve already taken ballet classes,” said Remus.

“And I’m good at it,” said Gwen. She nudged Remus as she added, “I can’t vouch for him, though.”

The rest laughed. James chose this moment to get his arm around Lily; he got his hand smacked instead.

“Why can’t we do something normal?” Sirius complained.

“Can dance even be considered normal?” asked James, “It’s tedious and boring.”

Lily glared at him. “I like it,” she said defensively, “And I was hoping Remus and Gwen would teach us some other types of ballroom, but if you think it’s tedious and boring...”

“No, no, I like it, I like it,” said James hastily.

“We’d be happy to teach you,” reassured Gwen.

Peter looked at his watch briefly then said, “Do you guys realize that it’s after midnight? We should get to bed.”

Tara yawned. “Peter’s right.”

Tara’s yawn quickly spread throughout the group. “Good night, everyone,” said James through a yawn, “Good night, Evans.”

“Night, Potter,” said Lily curtly. “Good night, everyone,” she added with a lighter tone. James and Lily went to their dorms.

“Good night, Guinevere,” said Remus. He quickly pecked her on the lips.

“Good night, Remus,” she answered softly. She pulled him into a hug then went upstairs. Remus followed James’ path.

“Good night,” said Peter. He yawned as he went up the staircase.

“So,” said Sirius suavely as he wrapped his arms around his new girlfriend.

“So,” replied Tara as she put her hands on his shoulders.

“I’ll be seeing you tomorrow, right?” he asked.

“Of course,” she answered.

“Good night,” he said.

“Good night,” she replied. She gave him a hug and hurried to her dormitory before he could kiss her.

“What the...?” Sirius asked the darkness. He gave his head a little shake as he went to his dorm for some sleep.

8:20 A.M., Great Hall

The Marauders and company were sitting in the Great Hall, looking tired but happy. They had no idea how they were going to survive classes, but they felt they could roll with whatever punches were thrown at them. However, they didn’t plan on a visit from one Severus ‘Snivellus’ Snape.

“So, Lupin, I see Reynolds is still going out with you,” said Snape nastily, “Did you get a job, or are you borrowing the money to pay her from Black?”

Remus flared up immediately. Gwen put a steady hand on his shoulder to calm him while glaring at Snape.

“What’s the matter, Snivellus, jealous?” asked Sirius, “I heard you telling Lestrange that you fancy Guinevere.”

Snape’s face flushed ever so slightly. James, Sirius, Peter, and Tara laughed while Lily frowned at them. Remus and Gwen still appeared angry.

“So what number girl are you on this week, Black, tenth?” asked Snape.

“That’s none of your business,” said Sirius quietly.

“So there’s more than one,” smirked Snape.

“So how many are there,” asked Tara nastily, “five?”

“You’re only the third!” blurted Sirius.

“Third?” shrieked Tara, “And I thought you actually cared about me! I never want to see you again, Sirius Black!”

Tara slapped Sirius across the face, grabbed her books, and stormed out of the Hall, leaving a satisfied Snape and many shocked bystanders. Sirius groaned and put his head in his hands, ignoring the sympathetic/hopeful looks of the Ravenclaw girls. James patted his shoulder as Snape walked to the cheering Slytherin table.

“That was a very tactless thing to say, Sirius,” said Lily.

“I know,” moaned Sirius. He shrugged James off and banged his head on the table repeatedly.

Gwen giggled. “I was sitting there yesterday when I banged my head on the table.”

Sirius stopped long to look up at Gwen miserably.

“You really cared about her, didn’t you?” asked Remus.

“A lot,” admitted Sirius as he sat up.

“Come on, let’s get to Transfiguration,” said James gently. He helped Sirius stand up and led him out of the Hall, Peter trailing behind. Remus bit his lip and looked at Sirius, then at Gwen.

“Go help your friend,” Gwen told Remus. He quickly thanked her, gave her a hasty kiss, and left the Great Hall.

“Remus left his bag,” noted Gwen. She slung her bag and his bag over her shoulders.

“Potter’s a good friend,” Lily noticed. She grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder as well.

“Just admit that you like him.” They started walking out.

“I do not,” said Lily. Her friend looked at her skeptically. “How could I fancy an egotistical toe rag?”

“Whatever,” said Gwen.

8:30 A.M., Transfiguration

Lily and Gwen narrowly avoided being late. Gwen took a seat next to Remus in the front, and Lily sat on the other side of her and to the right of Tara. Peter was directly behind Gwen, and Sirius and James were next to him. Sirius still looked miserable, and Tara ignored his pleading looks with her nose in the air.

“Good morning, class,” said Professor McGonagall.

No one said anything, as Sirius usually responded back with an exuberant “Good morning, Professor McGonagall.” Indeed, even Professor McGonagall seemed surprised as she watched Sirius expectantly.

“Well, this is a nice change,” said McGonagall, “Thank you for behaving yourself, Mr. Black.”

“Your welcome, Professor,” answered Sirius dully.

“Well, today we will be Transfiguring statues into birds. The spell is Avifors. Please copy the notes from the board.”

Sirius took this moment to scribble a note to Tara:

Dear Tara- I really am sorry. I care about you more than those other girls. You mean so much to me. Please forgive me? -Sirius

Sirius passed it up to Remus, who passed it to Gwen, who passed it to Lily, who passed it to Tara. She opened it, scribbled a reply, and spat on it when no one was looking. She folded it back up and passed it back down the line.

Sirius- No. -Tara

Sirius groaned as he felt the wetness of the note. James read it over his shoulder and patted him on the back. Sirius sighed and grudgingly got to copying McGonagall’s notes.

“Ms. Evans, please help me pass out these statues,” said McGonagall.

Lily got up from her seat and grabbed some statues. With McGonagall’s help she got the statues passed out in three minutes flat.

“Thank you, Ms. Evans. Now, remember, the spell is Avifors. Everyone try it now.”

The entire front row (and James) got the spell after a few tries, for which they were awarded three points each. Peter struggled, but did manage to give his statue sleek black feathers. Sirius waved his wand pitifully and muttered the spell but did not managed to do anything to his statue.

“I don’t know what’s gotten into you today, Mr. Black, but I hope you get over it soon,” said McGonagall, “For homework: practice.”

“Yes, Professor,” said Sirius dully.

Professor McGonagall blinked rapidly for a moment at his sudden obedience, then went to help Peter fully master the spell. James scribbled a quick note to Sirius.

Padfoot- I know you’re upset, but get it together! We could’ve gotten 18 points for Gryffindor. Minnie’s feeling generous today. Find a new girlfriend. -Prongs

Sirius read it through quickly, then jotted down a reply.

Prongs- Tara’s hard to get over. I liked her more than any random girl I could pick up in the hall. I’ll try to get us some points, but I just can’t focus. I’ve got to get her back. Could you talk to her? -Padfoot

James read it and nodded to Sirius, who smiled grimly. He tried the spell again and managed to give the statue a few blue feathers. James smiled encouragingly, then returned to his cardinal. With a wave of his wand and a muttered spell, he turned it back into a statue. With another wave and spell it became a large tropical bird that squawked right in the middle of McGonagall’s coaching of Peter.

“Very clever, Mr. Potter,” said McGonagall with a small smile, “Take another three points.”

James grinned and turned to look at Lily. She shook her head disapprovingly but smiled all the same.

Inspired by his friend’s achievement, Sirius waved his wand enthusiastically and turned his statue in robin.

“Good, Mr. Black,” said McGonagall with another smile, “Take two points to Gryffindor.”

James clapped him on the back. Sirius craned his neck to look at Tara, but she was determinedly not looking at him. Sirius’ face fell, and he returned to his surly mood for the rest of the class.