Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Muggle Studies -- The Muggle Way II-Ballet by I_LUV_MOONY

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry about the long wait everyone! I had to deal with band camp (8 hour days in the hot sun), and I still haven't fully recovered. And then it got rejected for dialogue errors (no hard feelings VV, I know you want what's best for me). So here it is!

9:45 A.M., On the way to Divination

Once out of class, the group began walking to Divination. Sirius and Tara were on opposite ends of the line traveling in step to their class. Remus and Gwen were next to Sirius cooing to each other while holding hands.

“You’re so beautiful,” Remus breathed into her ear. His lips just brushed her ear as he said this.

Gwen giggled. “You’re so sweet.”

Sirius looked ready to pull his hair out. “Will you guys just stop it?” Sirius burst out.

“What, stop going out?” asked Gwen jokingly. The large group fell into smaller groups to go up the steps of North Tower.

“Okay,” said Remus, “Gwen, those robes make you look fat.”

Gwen let go of his hand in fake fury. “You are so insulting! I thought you were sweet.”

“I am. I’m also truthful,” he said. “Just like when I tell you that your hair is as greasy as Snivellus’.”

Gwen struggled to keep a straight face. “I hate you, Remus Lupin!” She smacked him, quite similar to when Tara slapped Sirius. They glared at each other for a moment then collapsed onto each other with laughter. Everyone else laughed; even Sirius managed a small smile.

“Well, that was fun,” said Remus as the laughter died down.

“You thought it was fun breaking up with me?” asked Gwen shrilly, all traces of laughter gone.

Remus started stuttering while the others stared disbelievingly. “But-but...”

“I’m just kidding,” said Gwen with a chuckle. She punched his shoulder playfully and put the same arm lazily around his waist. He put his recently punched arm around her shoulders with a sigh of relief.

“Moony, it’s not possible to lose a girl that fast,” James called up the steps.

“I wouldn’t be so sure,” argued Peter animatedly, “I have no trouble losing a girl.” Realization hit Peter as everyone else laughed. “That didn’t come out right.”

“I see anger in your future, Black,” said a mystical voice as they reached the landing.

The source of the voice was a girl in their year. She was wearing the customary uniform but had draped at least ten shawls around her shoulders and many large beaded necklaces. Her shoulder-length brown hair was pulled back with another shawl that doubled as a headband.

“Pretty safe bet,” James muttered to Lily as they reached the landing.

“Shove off, Trelawney,” said Sirius angrily.

“Told you so,” said Sybill, her mystical voice replaced by a childlike one.

“Just leave me alone,” said Sirius. He folded his arms across his chest.

“You know, it’s not that easy being all-knowing,” said Sybill indignantly.

“Oh yes, being vague is so hard,” said James sarcastically, “How do you manage it?”

Sybill was about to retort when she was interrupted by her great-grandmother, Professor Cassandra Trelawney. She immediately made herself appear superior and under control.

“Good morning, my students,” said Trelawney, “Please enter.” Her voice, like her great-granddaughter’s, had a mystical quality to it. She had on about two shawls, and maybe three beaded necklaces; it appeared that her great-granddaughter had attempted to copy her style. Her gray hair was past her waist and kept down.

The class climbed the silver ladder that had just descended. Remus and Gwen sat at a little table, as did Peter and Alex. Lily was about to sit with Tara when James sat down. He smiled apologetically to her because she had to sit with Sirius.

“Today we shall continue advanced palmistry. Open your textbook to page 177. Take your partner’s hand and read their life line.”

Tara took James’ hand in hers and traced the life line.

“You will mess with someone’s mind,” said Tara mystically after consulting her textbook, “and make someone else jealous.”

“You’re supposed to be reading my life line. You can’t tell all that just by looking at my hand,” retorted James as he snatched his hand away.

“I know, but if you help me it will come true,” said Tara, “I want to go back out with Sirius, but I need to get revenge first. If you pretend to go out with me, it’ll mess with Sirius’ head and make him jealous, and you’ll make Lily jealous by going out with one of her best friends.”

James nodded. “And me being Sirius’ best mate will just make things worst for him.”

“Exactly.”

James thought for a moment. He scratched his chin, muttered a few things to himself, then said to Tara, “Okay I’ll do it.”

“Thanks,” said Tara.

There was an awkward pause while the pair shifted awkwardly in their seats.. Then James gave a huge yawn that ended with his right arm around Tara’s shoulders.

“What are you doing?” whispered Tara.

“Being your boyfriend,” James whispered back.

“Oh,” said Tara.

Meanwhile, Lily and Sirius were having a similar conversation a few tables over.

“Evans, I can’t stand not being with her,” said Sirius, his voice filled with anguish.

“I can’t do anything about it, Sirius. Now give me your hand,” said Lily.

Sirius grudgingly gave her his hand. She traced his life line gently and muttered to herself.

“Well, Sirius,” said Lily after she was sure she had read his line correctly, “You’re going to die early.”

“Great. I probably die of a broken heart,” said Sirius sarcastically.

“I wish I could help, but I really shouldn't get involved,” said Lily helplessly.

“Wait,” said Sirius slowly, “maybe you can help.”

“How?” asked Lily. She put her elbow on the table and placed her face in her hand.

“If we pretend to go out, it’ll make Tara jealous,” said Sirius.

“But what’s Potter going to say if he sees his best friend holding hands with the girl he likes?” asked Lily.

“I’ll just tell him the plan, so that he knows it’s not for real,” said Sirius.

As he said this, Sirius looked over to James and Tara in time to see James put his arm around Tara. Sirius let out a growl of rage. He wanted nothing more than to strangle James for touching his woman; indeed, his hands were twitching. Lily followed his murderous gaze and gasped.

Sirius’ face softened as he pleaded with Lily. “Please?”

“’The course of true love never did run smooth,’” quoted Lily. “Okay, I’ll help.”

“Great! Thanks so much, Evans!” said Sirius with hushed tones (Professor Trelawney had just begun speaking).

“You’ll want to call me ‘Lily’ if we’re pretending to go out,” whispered an amused Lily.

“Right, right,” said Sirius hurriedly, “Sorry, Lils.”

Lily snorted with laughter after he said this, but managed not to draw attention to herself. She settled down awkwardly in her seat as Sirius put his arm around her. She gave James and Tara a nervous look, but they were determinedly not looking at the new ‘couple.’ Lily sincerely hoped that this would all work out for the best.

A/N: I hope you guys liked that chapter! But I have hit a snag in the story and am not sure what should come next. If you have any suggestions please leave it in a review. If you don't have any suggestions, leave a review anyway! :D