Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Broken Legacy: A Snake in the Lion's Den by megan_lupin

Printer
Summary: Slytherin House. It is where his legacy is; his family has always been in the serpentine House, save for an occasional Ravenclaw. He grew up learning about Salazar Slytherin and seeing the green and silver colours of one of Hogwarts’ Founders. There was simply no other option for one of his blood. But is that really the truth? Is it possible for there to be a lion in the midst of snakes?
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Marauder Era
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Book 7 Disregarded
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 4337 Viewcount: 1190
Published on: 08/16/07 Updated On: 08/22/07





1. .... by megan_lupin [ - ] (4337 words)
Disclaimer: Anything you recognise does not belong to me, however much I wish that it did. Instead, it all belongs to J. K. Rowling. I’m just playing in her world for the time being. However, anything you do not recognise does belong to me. The Sorting Hat’s song, for instance, is entirely mine *except* for the last two lines, which come from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling, in the chapter titled, “The Sorting Hat,” though the words of one of the lines have been changed very slightly.



Author’s Note: This brief one-shot turned out to be a great deal more difficult than I originally thought it would be. I kept going back and forth debating how I wanted to portray the character, and such arguments that raged in my head were a nightmare. Although, I finally decided on something, and this piece is written as a response to Mrs.Radcliffe’s “The Sorting of …” challenge on the HPFF forums. The title also turned out to be a great deal of trouble; I had absolutely NO IDEA what to call this fic, but with help from fellow users, a decision was reached. So, a big “Thanks” goes out to the_evenstar and fg_weasley for the title. And now, I present for your enjoyment, Broken Legacy: A Snake in the Lion’s Den.