Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe In Loving You by Mhulan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

*There are NO DH Spoilers, which means it won't lead into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. So, it's just a random story I made up! At first I wondered if it's AU, but come to think about it, it doesn't feel like a "what if" story.*

Oh, but it's not just any Harry/Ginny story! It has a side serving of humor (But that depends on how humorous you think it is.) and a little bit of Ron/Hermione romance. So, let's just say it's a Romance/Humor fic.

Chapter Notes: Ok, this is my first romance/song fiction, so go easy on me if it's not romantic enough for you. I'm not sure if I'm good at writing romance stories, but what matters to me is that I tried my best. Oh, and no offense, but if you ever review me, please don't comment to me that my grammar sucks. I use Microsoft Word to write this out so I won't make mistakes. So, like I said, please go easy on me!

Anyways, this story is based on what happens after Harry broke up with Ginny. It’s not following along into seventh book, but since I love songs and Harry Potter, I couldn’t help, but write it out. It's just like putting two and two together. Sort of like that Romeo and Juliet anime, I think.

Disclaimer: I'm not J.K. Rowling or have her characters. I'm only a Harry Potter fan that loves to make up creative stories. Oh, and I don't own the song. That belongs to Sarah Geronimo, one of the popular Filipina singers in the Philippines. For those of you who know this song, I hope you like it too! Oh, and the only thing I ever owned is the story is my imagination of how the story is going to be. Nothing else.

Enjoy!

(Edited on November 8, 2008)
~ * ~ I Still Believe In Loving You ~ * ~

Just when I thought of love is here to stay

Ginny Weasley was sitting by a glass stain window, thinking in her thoughts as tears slowly pouring down her face.

Why, Harry? Why does it have to be this way?

Thinking about those days being with Harry really felt painful inside her heart. She remembered all those night time strolls outside the Hogwarts grounds under the Invisibility Cloak.

"Care to take a walk with me?" Harry grinned awkwardly, extending his hand.

That smile...that goofy smile that always gets her every time. Why is that smile always makes her feel weak and she can't deny the offer?

"Damn him," cursed Ginny under her breath as she lifted the red sparkling rose to her face. "Why do you have to be such a prat?"

As she twirls the rose, Ginny recalled the times when they were in the Gryffindor Common room, just sitting together on the same comfy armchair by the fireplace.

"Ginny?" he whispered in her ear.

"Yes, Harry?"

"You do know that I love you, right?"


A choke escaped from her lips as she released the red rose from her grasp, causing it to fall gently onto the carpet floor. Ginny curled herself up, covering her eyes with her hands.

All those precious memories with Harry have affected her as Ginny continued to sob silently in her dark small room. The most memory that hurts her most was the day when Harry kissed her after winning in the Quidditch match. All those few weeks were just romantic and a dream come true to her. It was perfect and she believed that love will always stay forever.

Just when I thought you never ever go away

But Ginny’s desire suddenly went to a downfall and shattered into pieces like somebody has placed a wall on the road. It's like Harry's face is also fading away in the mist...or worse. Harry might fall in love with someone else and abandon her for good.

Ginny shook her head. No, I must not think like that. I got to pull myself together.

Staring upward toward the sparkled inky black sky, she remembered Harry talking to her after Professor Dumbledore's funeral:

"Ginny, listen... I can't be involved with you anymore. We got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together."

Ginny frowned at him. She knew it's one of those serious talks. Well, who could blame him?

"Oh, wait. Let me guess. It's for some stupid noble reason, isn't it?"

"It's been like..." But at this point, Harry lost his words. He rubbed his neck as if he was in pain. But he was actually uncomfortable for every second as he continued to stand in front of Ginny.

Taking a deep breath, Harry tried again.

"It's been like something out of someone else's life, these last few weeks with you. But I can't..."

Ginny shook her head. "No..."

"We can't..."

"Don't say that," she whispered softly.

Harry kissed her forehead and strokes her scented flowery hair. "I'm sorry, Ginny. I've got to do things alone now."


That was the last time he spoke to her. Even when he came to the Burrow, Harry couldn't look at her in the eyes when she greeted him. It wasn't the fact that Harry broke up with her that tore her heart, but it was how Harry spoke to Ginny. Yes, Harry did hurt her feelings for breaking up with her. But when Ginny looked into Harry’s bright green eyes, she could sense that Harry doesn’t want her to get captured by Voldemort again just like in her first year at Hogwarts. And Ginny knows how her first year turns out to be: a nightmare. Ginny shivered as she thought about not remembering anything for the past few minutes. Being possessed…. Covered in blood...

So, Ginny can’t blame him for breaking up with her. With the weight of saving the Wizarding World on his shoulders and everyone counting on him, he feels pressured.

Damn the Ministry. If I was in his shoes, I would probably felt the same way.

You said it’s time for you to go

Creak... thump... thump...

Ginny shook out of her thoughts, turning away from the window. She frowned at the door. Somebody or someone was out in the hall and coming downstairs.

Hmm... If I’m right, it must be Harry, Ron, and Hermione trying their best to get out without waking the whole house up. That’s very clever... but not clever enough. Nice try, Harry.

Quietly, Ginny picked up her rose and placed it on her bed. Then, Ginny crept toward her bedroom door, opening her door just large enough for her to hear what's happening outside.

Ginny smiled. Just as I thought, they’re out of their beds.

Meanwhile, a few steps away from Ginny's room, Harry Potter was knocking at Hermione Granger's room.

"Hermione, you awake?"

"Harry, is that you?" she whispered to him.

"Yeah... Who else do you think?"

Hermione rolled her eyes at her friend's sarcasm before she opened her door.

"What is it?"

"It's time."

"Time?” she puzzled. “Time for what... Oh!" A comprehension dawned on Hermione. "Oh, alright... I'll just wake up Ron, then."

Harry nodded as he watched his bushy haired friend climbed up to Ron's room. A few minutes later, Hermione came back along with a groaning and sleepy Ron by her side.

“Harry, are you sure? Why do you want to leave now?” asked Hermione.

“Yeah, shouldn’t we sleep right now? I’m very tired, Harry. Can’t we leave to...tomorrow in the afternoon?” yawned Ron, while at the same time, stretched.

“Guys, how many times do I have to tell you?” Harry whispered fiercely. “If we stay here, eventually Voldemort would find us and it would be my fault if your family gets killed,” Harry added to him. “But if you want to stay behind, it’s fine with me. I didn’t ask for you guys to join me in the first place. I told you two that I’m supposed to do this alone. I told you its too dangerous...”

“Okay, okay! We’ll leave now,” said Hermione. “Just give us a minute to pack our stuff. Come on, Ron, let’s get finish packing.”

"Me? Why me? I don't want to pack my stuff!"

"Oh, yes you will. I've already packed my stuff last night. Come on. I'll even help you pack."

"Well, ok. But can we at least eat breakfast?"

Hermione rolled her eyes on him, groaning. "You're always hungry."

"Yeah…so what’s your point?"

Hermione sighed. "Do you ever stop eating?"

"No."

Hermione shook her head, crossing her arms. "I thought not."

Ginny watched as Hermione and her brother argued all the way to Ron's room, closing the door with a snap.

Realizing that Harry was all alone, she seized her opportunity.

“And where do you think you're going at this late hours, Harry?”

But I’m not sure I really know why you are leaving

Harry whipped out his wand and turned around in surprise to find Ginny right behind him.

"Hey, you don't need to point your wand at me!"

“Ginny! I'm so sorry! You just scared me and I thought you were someone else!” Lowering his wand, he asked, “Why are you still awake? Did I disturb you?”

“No, and the reason is I couldn’t sleep. But never mind about me. Where are you three going?”

"Ginny, you wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me. I dare you," she said, glaring her eyes at him.

Harry raised his eyebrows. “Ginny, shouldn’t you go back to your room?”

“Not until you tell me where you guys are going,” said Ginny firmly, crossing her arms. “And by the way, you're not the boss of me, Harry James Potter. Where ever you go, I want to come too."

Ginny, you wouldn't understand... Sure, you can sometimes be stubborn at times, but you can't always have your answer.

Harry sighed deeply. “Ginny, you can’t come with us; it’s too dangerous of where we’re going. Do you remember what I said when I have to do things alone?”

This remark, however, didn't make Ginny satisfied.

Fine… If that's the way you're going to act, then so be it. I won't give up until you confess, Harry.

“Well, do you remember what I said when I don’t care?” Ginny shot back. “If you said you’re going to do things alone, why are Hermione and Ron coming along with you and not me?”

Ginny… please…. Don't act like this...

“You don’t understand,” muttered Harry.

“Oh, I understand, alright,” Ginny burst out. “You don’t really care about me, do you?”

What? Why would Ginny think like that?

Trying to find a way for a distraction because he felt his cheeks burn red, Harry removed his glasses and cleaned it on his bright blue shirt. “Ginny, I do care about you.”

He cares about me? So, does that mean he still...

“Then, why aren’t you telling me what you’re up to? You let Ron and Hermione into it!” she yelled.

No, why am I yelling at him?

“Ginny, Ron and Hermione are into this because Professor Dumbledore wanted me to. You on the other hand, I can’t tell you. And it’s not just you, but your family and the Order too,” explained Harry as he put his glasses back on. “Look, the less you know, the better.”

Harry turned away from Ginny, his head bowed low in shame.

I'm sorry, Ginny. Please forgive me... I wish I could tell you, but I made a promise.

Anger rose into Ginny’s face, not caring what she was going to scream out. “Harry, I felt like you can’t trust me! If you love me, then why won’t you tell me what’s going on with you? I care about you just like you care about me! You can trust me! Maybe I can get rid of your pain! I want to help you! Don't you know what you mean to me?”

At this, Harry didn't answer. He just remained quiet, not sure what to say or what to do. He wanted to hold her, telling her that it's all right. But Harry felt that he shouldn't. He felt that it's forbidden.

And when we finally said our last goodbye

“Harry, we’re ready!” announced Hermione, carrying her sack and luggage. “Now, let’s…" Then, realizing Ginny for the first time, she cried, "Oh, Ginny, I didn’t know you were awake!”

Harry snorted. By that tone, Harry can tell that Hermione's lying.

She must have heard our conversation while helping Ron pack.

Ha! I knew it! I knew there's something wrong about Harry! Well, I guess I'm going to have a talk with him later.

Staring at Ginny, who was glaring angrily at Harry, who was staring sadly at his shoes, she asked, "Have you two been fighting while we’re packing?”

Does she know? Oh, crud... Just smile and act like nothing happened.

Harry looked up and placed a fake smile on his face. “No, Hermione. We were just…um…" He looked at Ginny for some support before turning back to Hermione. "...We we’re just talking about something else.”

"Yeah, we were talking about Quidditch, that's all," grumbled Ginny, still not taking her eyes off of Harry.

Hermione raised her eyebrows at Harry. “Okay, then. Well, let’s get going. Ron, we’re going now!”

"Wait just a second!"

Hermione stomped her foot, frustrated. "What now?"

"I just need to pack one last thing... Ah, there we go. Okay, I'm coming!" called Ron as he slowly drag his belongings with him. "Oh, no, I dropped my jacket!"

Getting irritated as Ron tried to make a grab for his jacket (then realizing now that his entire clothes were tumbling out of his bag), Hermione hissed, "Come on!"

“Hold your horses, Hermione! I’m coming, I’m coming!” said Ron as he stuffed all his clothes back into his bag. Once Ron looked around himself to make sure he didn't drop anything else, he carried his bag and navy blue jacket over his shoulder. When he spotted Ginny, he asked suspiciously, “Hey, why are you awake? Go back to sleep, Ginny!”

Since when are you involved with this? First, Harry. Now, you’re on his side too?

“No, I won’t go back to bed because I want to come with you guys!”

Oh, no you don't. I'm not letting you come. Mum's going to freak out if she found out Ginny's gone missing. I can't let that happen!

Instead, Ron said, “Ginny, you’re too young to come with us!”

“Well, so are you, Hermione and Harry! And for your information, Ron, I'm a year younger than you! Where are you guys going and why?”

Harry was about to answer that, but it was Hermione who spoke up for him. “Now, Ginny, we can’t tell you what we’re up to. This is Harry’s decision. If he doesn’t want you to know, it's because he cares about your safety. He relies on us because we know Harry needs our help."

Harry nodded as he checked his watch. “Guys, we have to go before morning strikes.”

Hmph! You're just making an excuse so you can find the Horcruxes before You-Know-Who does.

Hermione nodded in agreement. “Well, Ginny. We have to go now. Tell everyone else goodbye for us, alright?”

“And don’t tell anyone that you saw us leaving,” Ron added. Ron hugged Ginny, patting her on the back.

I'll miss you, sis.

“Well, see you, Ginny. Have a nice year in Hogwarts without us.”

“Say hi to Luna and Neville for us, will you? We'll see you soon. We'll write daily to you,” whispered Hermione.

I’ll never make it hard for you
You won’t even see me cry

Ron and Hermione waved at her as they dragged their luggage and bags the rest of the way downstairs. Now, Ginny and Harry are all alone. Harry slowly approached Ginny and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“This maybe the last time I see you again, but I wanted to give you something before I go.”

Shakily, he pulled out a small present from his robes.

Wow, Harry really is a gentleman giving me something.

Taking it, she asked, “What is it?”

“Open it and find out,” whispered Harry.

"Okay, seriously... What is it?"

"Ginny..."

"Oh, all right! I'll open it, but only because it's from you."

With trembling hands, she carefully removes the ribbon and the wrapping paper pictured with golden snitches. When Ginny opened the velvet red box, her mouth dropped opened in shock. Inside the box is a beautiful thin golden necklace. But what amazes Ginny the most is what's attached to the chain: a magnificent glowing globe that sparkles the entire hall. The colors inside the small orb swirled as though there's some drops of liquid substance or a piece of cloud contained in it.

“What is it?” she questioned. Only this time, Ginny whispered in awe.

“It's a pendant orb communicator. It's like a two-way mirror and a crystal ball."

"What? Do you mean this necklace can predict the future?"

When Ginny said this, Harry couldn't help but chuckle at this humor.

"No, it can't do that."

"Oh."

"But you can be able to talk to me even though I'm far away from you."

"What do I have to do?"

"Just speak my name and my face will appear in there.”

"But wait! Where's yours?"

Harry smiled at Ginny warmly, pointing at the lump in his chest.

“Harry, I don’t know what to say…”

Harry cut her off by placing his hand on her lips.

“Then, don’t say a word. I know you’re trying to thank me, but I don’t need to hear it.”

He came closer to her. They were inches from touching each other. Then, Harry shakily places his hand on Ginny's cheek. Ginny could sense that she's losing oxygen. Her heart is beating twice as fast as it normally is. Ginny felt herself back up against the wall as Harry breathed into her flowery aroma. The last thing before Ginny closed her eyes was his bright green eyes...

When Ginny opened her eyes, Harry whispered, “I love you, Ginny. I’ll always think about you.” And stepping away from her, Harry ran off.

“Harry, wait!” Ginny heard herself cry after him.

And though there are tears inside of me

But Harry ignored the pain inside his chest and didn’t look back. All he wanted now is to run away and never look back. He pushed the front door, his glasses splattered with his tears. It was just too painful in his heart to say goodbye to Ginny. He even wonders if he’ll ever see Ginny again or wrap her in his arms like he done so many times. What if he'll never get to be able to kiss her again...?

I'm gonna let your heart go free

I’m sorry, Ginny. Harry thought as tears continue to run down his cheeks. I just can’t say goodbye to you. You wouldn’t understand what I’m going through. You’re just gonna have to move on with your life.

As Harry ran, he remembered the first time he and Ginny walked outside the Hogwarts grounds together hand in hand. It was a pleasant moment he could never forget.

______________________________________________________________________________

“So, you finally caught on?” asked Ginny as they got out of the Gryffindor Common room. “That took you long enough.”

Harry flushed a shade of pink in his cheeks. “Well, you know how hard it was to notice you. I just didn’t realize that I had feelings for you.”

“Even after how much we spent together over the summer?”

Harry laughed. “Oh and that too.”

Ginny giggled and lace her fingers around his. “So, do you think everyone here in Hogwarts would talk about us?”

“Oh, yeah. They are definitely going to talk about us for weeks. I mean, you never know who would just let the news out.”

“Well," said Ginny thoughtfully. “for one thing, I think one of the fifty witnesses in the Gryffindor Common room would burst out to their friends first thing at breakfast.”

“You mean like Colin?” guessed Harry, raising his eyebrow.

Ginny nodded. “Of course one of them would be Colin. He’s been snapping a ton of pictures of us kissing in front of most of everyone in the Common room, didn’t you notice?”

“Well, the truth is, I didn’t exactly notice that.”

“Oh, really?” whispered Ginny, stopping in her tracks and releasing Harry’s hand. “Then, what did you see?”

Harry stopped too and turned to face Ginny, slowly lifting her chin. “I only saw you. And I don’t care if the whole world knows about us. All I care about is that you’re right by my side.”

“Really?” smiled Ginny. “Does that mean…”

“Yes, Ginny. You’re my girlfriend and no one will replace you in my heart.”

“But… Harry… What about Cho?” Ginny questioned. “I thought you love her?”

Harry put down his hand and looked at Ginny confusedly. “What do you mean?”

Ginny crossed her arms and her face grimace. “I saw you and Cho going together at Valentine’s Day in Hogsmeade. Do you even know how painful it was just watching you be with someone else?”

Harry snorted. “Oh, I’m over her. I realize that she doesn’t care about me. Cho only wanted to get closer to me because she only wanted to talk about Cedric.”

“So, when did you find out?”

Harry cleared his throat, staring down at his shoes. “Well, you saw us together, right?”

“Yes, yes. I did saw you with her...” Ginny said acidly. “But what happened?”

“Well, when Cho and I headed into that…um… What was that tea shop in Hogsmeade?”

“You mean, Madam Puddifoot’s?” suggested Ginny.

“Yeah, that place. Well…”

Harry recounted the story to Ginny of what he remember that day in Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop and how Cho reacted to him. When he finished, Ginny seemed satisfied with his tale and her face replace back into her smile.

“So, she wasn’t your type, huh?”

Harry reflected a smile back at her. “Nah, she wasn’t. In the end, I found out she was a human hosepipe.”

At this, Harry and Ginny laughed softly, closing the gap in front of them…


______________________________________________________________________________

“Are you ready, mate?” asked Ron.

“Yeah, let’s go,” said Harry sadly.

“But where’s Ginny?” questioned Hermione.

“Hermione, come on. We should get going.”

“But Harry --”

“Let’s go already!” shouted Harry.

Before you leave

Suddenly, Harry heard a voice called after him. “Harry, wait!”

Harry turned away from Hermione and saw a familiar flaming red haired girl running toward them. “Ginny?”

There’s just one thing
That I want you to know
Chapter Endnotes: I know, I admit it. I know your familiar with the breakup between Harry and Ginny from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. And I know you realize that there are some quotes from the novel itself. Like I said before, anything from the book doesn't belong to me. It belongs to J.K. Rowling. But I did add a little bit of lines that was never put in the books.

So, what do you think? Did I do well with this story so far?