Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe In Loving You by Mhulan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Okay, I did this on Wednesday, June 18, 2008. I'm so happy that you guys are still into this story! So, I give a bow to all my readers out there.

Well, let's talk about the story. I was writing this chapter, right? As always, I was listening to a variety of songs on YouTube. Well, while I was typing and searching for some songs to listen, when I came across a great song that could never get out of my head. So, I went, "Alright, let me put this song in."

Readers: Oh, but wait! Aren't you still on I Still Believe In Loving You song?

Mhulan: Why, yes I am.

Readers: Then, why are you putting another song in here?

Mhulan: Well, to tell you the truth, I can't tell you until you finish reading this chapter. Yes, I know. That's a disappointing answer, isn't it? Well, I'm sorry. Really! I can't tell you because that means I spoiled a bit of my story. And that's no fun at all!

Anyways, all I can say is the following song that's also with I Still Believe In Loving You doesn't belong to me. It belongs to a male singer that you probably know. He's known to be a special guest in this story! So, enough of my bragging. I know you can't wait to get into it. So, enjoy reading, my fellow readers!

(Edited on November 8, 2008)
Chapter 4: Memories

“Ahh… It’s good to be back at Hogwarts!” said Colin, smelling the fresh air and feeling the cool breeze.

Luna nodded. “Yes, and I hope there’s pudding.”

“Luna, Hogwarts always serves pudding,” stated Ginny as she stepped off the train.

Then, somewhere in the distance, Ginny heard the familiar loud voice over the sea of students. “First years! First years, come this way!”

“Come on, guys!”

“Hey, wait for us, Ginny!”

Colin, Luna, and Neville followed Ginny as she made her way toward Rubeus Hagrid, the Hogwarts gamekeeper and Care of Magical Creatures teacher.

“Hey, Hagrid! Over here!” cried Ginny.

“Huh?” Hagrid squinted his eyes and lifting his lantern up. “Well, if it isn’t Ginny Weasley!”

Ginny grinned up at him. “How was your summer, Hagrid?”

“Mine? Well, it wasn’ too bad. Gwarp’s doin’ great and he’s improved his behavior.”

“Who’s Gwarp?” asked Neville.

“He’s Hagrid’s half brother,” explained Ginny. “He’s been taking care of him ever since he returned to Hogwarts in my fourth year. Harry told me all about him.”

“Oh, so that’s where you’ve gone!” said Colin.

“Speakin’ of Harry, where is he? And Ron and Hermione?” boomed Hagrid. “Aren’t they attendin’ Hogwarts too?”

And though I’m feeling incomplete

All of a sudden, Ginny felt her heart and stomach twisted in a knot. Ginny felt that she lost her appetite. She felt like her heart has been torn apart from her. Ginny forgot that Harry, Ron, and Hermione weren’t coming to Hogwarts this year. She suddenly felt like breaking down and cry on the bed that’s awaiting her in the girl’s dormitory. She felt that her world had simply melted away.

“Ginny?” asked Colin.

Ginny covered her eyes. She was shaking violently; it was nothing to do with the weather.

“Ginny? Are you alright?” whispered Neville.

“I miss Harry,” she muttered.

“Oh, Ginny,” mumbled Colin, wrapping his arms around her. “It’s okay. Don’t cry. I know you miss Harry.”

"Why? What’s going on? Did something bad happen to them?” panicked Hagrid.

“No, Hagrid. Harry, Ron, and Hermione aren’t coming to Hogwarts this year. You see, they’re off on a mission,” Neville piped up.

“A mission?” puzzled Hagrid. “What kind of mission?”

Colin shrugged. “We don’t know exactly. But we suspected it has to do with defeating You-Know-Who.”

Ginny… Ginny, can you hear me?

What? Who’s there?

It’s me, Ginny.

Harry? Where are you?

Ginny, remember the pendant orb communicator I gave you? Use it.


Ginny opened her eyes, removing her hands to her face. Either it was her conscious or she was hearing things, Ginny took Harry’s advice. She slowly searches out for the thin golden chain from underneath her collar shirt. When she pulled out the hidden chain from her shirt, her pendant orb communicator sparkled out into the night. In a swirl of colors, Harry’s face appeared on the globe.

“Ginny, I heard you crying. Is anything the matter?”

“Harry!” squealed Ginny.

She holds the tiny orb to her lips, kissing every inch of it.

“Ginny, I miss you too. But can you please not mark the orb? You’re fogging it up,” laughed Harry.

Ginny blushed and held the orb to her face. “Oh, oops! Sorry, Harry.”

Harry grinned weakly at her. “It’s alright, Ginny. I’m cool with that.”

“Hey, Harry!” cried Colin, Neville, Luna, and Hagrid together.

Harry turned and waved out to them. “Oh, hey guys! What’s up?”

They shrugged. “Not much. How about you?”

Harry rolled his eyes. “Oh, I’m just busy. You know camping here and there, going into places, that sort of thing. So, anyways, I was just checking if you guys made it to Hogwarts on time.”

“Hey, Harry.”

“Yes, Ginny?”

“How are Ron and Hermione? Are they getting along well?”

Harry turned his head and look back at Ginny. “Uh-oh, speaking of them… Hey! Guys, quit pushing!”

“Harry, move aside!”

Harry turned to Hermione. “Not now, Hermione. Can’t you see I’m talking to this lot?”

“I don’t care! It’s my turn!”

“Hey! I want to see my sister!” cried Ron.

Harry pushed them aside, raising the orb over their heads. “Bugger off, this pendant orb communicator is mine! You hear me? Stay away!”

Hermione scoffed. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell us that you gave Ginny a pendant orb communicator! I mean, seriously! They’re rare, Harry!”

“Yeah, why didn’t you give us one?” yelled Ron.

“Hey, it’s none of your business whether I give you one or not!”

“Tell us where you get them!” demanded Hermione.

“Heck, no! I’m not telling you guys! Get your hands off me!”

Ginny gasped when she saw Ron and Hermione pulled out their wands and pointed at him.

“Don’t make us jinx you, Harry!” snarled Ron.

“Uhh… Fine! I’ll let you talk to Ginny. Just don’t break it, you no good…”

Harry turned to Ginny. “Well, sorry you had to see that. Well, I’ll let you talk to Ron and Hermione now.”

Ginny watched as he gave Hermione the necklace.

Hermione glared at Harry before turning to her. “Hey, Ginny! How’s it going?”

Ginny shrugged. “I’m doing fine now that I’m talking to you lot. How about you and Ron? You guys getting along well?”

“Well, we’re doing okay. We just want you to know that we’re doing our best to stop You-Know-Who.”

“Ha! I told you so!” cried Colin.

Ginny raised her eyebrows at him. “Colin…”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Carry on with your conversation.”

Ginny glared at Colin before turning back to Hermione. “So, have you guys got any progress on what you’re up to?”

“What? Did Harry tell you?” Hermione burst out.

“Huh?”

“Harry…" Hermione turned her direction at him. "You got some explaining to do.”

Harry frowned at her. “What? I didn’t tell her!”

“Hey, let me have my turn!”

“Uhh… Here, Ron,” said Hermione, giving Ron the orb.

“Hey, Ginny!”

“Hi, Ron! So, did you ask Hermione out yet?”

“What? Who told you?”

Ginny rolled her eyes and sighed. “No one did. Don’t think I didn't notice you goggling at Hermione from time to time.”

Ron blushed a shade of pink. “Here you go, Harry.”

“Uhh… It’s about time!”

He snatched the necklace from him, avoiding Hermione’s piercing glare. “Well, Ginny. We got to get some rest. Just remember I’ll always be here for you.”

“You mean in this orb?”

Harry nodded. “I love you, Ginny.”

“I love you too.”

Ginny noticed Harry smiling at her before the mist clouded him up.

She then turned to her friends. “So, why don’t we head inside the castle? It’s a lot warmer there than staying in this breezy weather.”

“I agree,” added Colin.

* * * * * * *

“Good night, Ginny.”

Ginny yawned and waved at Colin. “Good night.”

Colin turned his direction away from the fire. “Hey, Ginny?”

Ginny turned away from the stairs to face him. “Yeah?”

“Are you going to be alright?”

Ginny blinked at him. “Of course... I’ll be fine. I just need some time to get used to being apart from Harry, that’s all.”

“Oh, I see…” muttered Colin. “It’s just that…”

Ginny placed her hand upon his shoulder. “Colin, you can tell me,” she whispered comfortably.

Colin sighed. “Well, what if Harry… Well, you know…” He squeezed his arm, lowering his head. “Can’t save the Wizarding World all by himself? I mean, sure he’s the Boy Who Lived, but what if something goes wrong?”

Colin looked up to take in Ginny’s appearance: Her face was pale as if her color was drained from her. Her once sparkling brown eyes have now turned into a lost and spaced out trance.

He bit his lip, realizing that what his fears were just as expected. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to say that… It’s just…”

“Colin, it’s okay. You don’t need to explain anything to me,” said Ginny quietly.

“I… I don’t?” he stuttered dryly.

She shook her head. “Colin, you don’t seem to know Harry that well. Harry is brave and full of courage in him.”

“Really?” pondered Colin.

Ginny nodded silently. “He faced many dangers and challenges before to save the Wizarding World like remember the time when Hogwarts was in big danger it almost closed down?”

“You mean… You mean the Chamber of Secrets does exist?” Colin asked fearfully. “And… And does that mean that huge serpent was real?”

“Well, yes… It does exist…” whispered Ginny softly.

“Then… Hang on! I encountered a big serpent while I was on my way to visit Harry at the Hospital Wing in my first year!”

Ginny walked a few distance away from Colin, facing the window. Colin’s eyes followed where Ginny is, giving her a worried expression in him, wondering where she was getting at. He heard a couple of various choices of swore words under breath as her curtain of bright red hair obscured her face. She rubbed her arms nervously and bit her lip guiltily. Ginny was mumbling words that Colin couldn’t comprehend.

“Ginny, I can’t quite hear you. I’m afraid you’re gonna have to speak louder.”

“Sorry, Colin…” She cleared her throat and turned to face him again. “Colin, about the serpent…” she started slowly.

“Yeah… What about it?”

“Well, that big serpent you saw was partly my fault,” she muttered darkly.

“What? How is it your fault?” he puzzled quizzically. “Please sit down and tell me.”

Ginny wasn’t sure what made her do it, but she obeyed and sat herself down on the red velvet armchair close by his. Her eyes were clouded in the ember colors of the crackling fire as she spoke. “I don’t think I should tell you. You might not be my best friend anymore if I scared you out.”

Colin grabbed her hand, causing Ginny to look into his face. “Ginny… You can trust me. I won’t runaway and I’ll never stop being your friend no matter what.”

“You promise?”

Colin nodded affirmatively.

Ginny felt her lips curled into a smile. “Colin, you’re the greatest.”

Colin returned a smile to reflect hers. “Well, I try…”

And so, Ginny told the events what happened to her when she discovered a diary in her cauldron when she was searching in her trunk for her textbook for potions class. She told the details how it possessed her when she wrote into the diary and it felt like a friend to trust. Colin was listening without flinching as she told the attacks that occurred in the school from the threatening bloody messages on the walls to the petrified students including him.

“I told you I done those things,” mumbled Ginny, twiddling her fingers uncomfortably.

“Yeah, but you didn’t really do it. That diary possessed you and you didn’t even know it then,” he replied reassuringly.

“Wait, there’s more…”

“More?”

Ginny nodded. “When I eventually made the connection between the attacks and the diary, I knew I had to get rid of the diary somewhere.”

“What did you do?”

“Well…”

Ginny continued the story how she tried to get rid of the diary in Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom by flushing it down to how shocking that Harry has somehow got it. She shook when she finished the tale of what she last remembers before she blacked and Harry came to her rescue.

“I thought I was going to get expelled at first, but I guess when Harry told them about how he and Ron solved about the attacks, they only seemed to be relieved that I’m alright,” explained Ginny.

“Well, I’m glad that you’re still around,” smiled Colin.

“Me too,” she agreed. “Okay, now that’s out of my chest, why did you worry about me so much?”

Colin sat back against his armchair and once again stared at the fire. “Oh, no reason… I’m just worried about you as a friend, that’s all.”

Ginny stood up with a warming glow in her eyes. Her sparkle seems have to return in her face. “Oh... alright then...”

“Well, good night, Ginny,” Colin mumbled.

Ginny smiled. “Hey, Colin…”

“Yes, Ginny?” he mumbled. “What is it?”

“Thanks.”

Colin turned his direction at Ginny. He raised his eyebrows.

“For what, Ginny?” he said surprisingly.

Ginny shrugged her shoulders. “You know, for being a good friend and staying by my side.”

“Oh, it’s nothing, really.”

“Okay…”

Believing there was nothing left to say, Ginny climbed up the steps to the girl’s dormitory. Just as she was about to turn the doorknob, she turn to look down at Colin.

“No,” said Ginny. “It’s not. It means a lot to me that you’re always there for me even when Harry’s not around. So, thank you.”

Colin smiled at her. “You’re welcome, Ginny.”

“Okay, good night!”

“Good night, Ginny.”

I guess that this is what you need

As Colin watched Ginny shut the door behind her, Colin was buried inside his thoughts.

Ginny, I hope you’ll be alright. It’s just upsetting that you’re moping over Harry. Maybe some alone time would do her good in her dormitory…

* * * * * * *

Ginny flopped herself onto her bed and stared at the ceiling sadly. She wasn’t going to bother changing into her nightdress. Ginny closed her eyes and heaved a long sigh.

Uhh… I can’t sleep! I might as well get up.

Ginny opened her eyes and pushed herself out of the bed. She slowly approached to the window and sat down on the cold hard floor. The stars twinkled at her like jewels in the black sky and the full moon glowed at her face. Out in the grounds, the black lake is calm. Not a single ripple shown on the surface. The blown trees in the Forbidden Forest swayed to and fro. Everything outside was peaceful and calm.

I wonder what it feels like to fly at night. It’s so perfect outside. Not a single disturbance.

Ginny combed her hands through her soft flowery scented red hair. How she adore her hair so much since she was a little girl. She loved it when her red hair was blown into the wind. Ginny even loved the scent it brings out. Even Harry loves her hair… Harry…

Ginny shook her head. Oh, why am I thinking of him? Do I really miss him?

But before she could answer that, Ginny felt her eyelids lowered and she was swallowed in darkness…

* * * *

Ginny was waiting by a table, watching her family and the guests dancing on the dance floor. Everyone is grouping into two’s for the next song: Bill and Fleur, Fred and Angelina, Ron and Hermione, Lupin and Tonks, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, and Percy and Penelope.

The young male singer of the group came up to the front of the stage, holding his wand like a microphone. “Alright, how’s everyone doing tonight? Now, this next song is for all the couples out there. Hold each other close and don’t let go.”

“Hit it,” the young male singer muttered to the band.

The guitarist nodded and started strumming the strings with his fingers. Then, the drummer started playing, drumming the beats. The young male singer started tapping his foot, listening to the rhythm. He holds up the wand to close to his mouth and started singing.

I shouldn’t love you but I want to
I just can’t turn away
I shouldn’t see you but I can’t move
I can’t look away

“Ginny?”

Ginny look around and smiled at guy she truly loves.

“Would you like to dance with me?” asked Harry weakly.

Ginny smiled at him, taking her delicate gloved hands in his. “Sure. I thought you never ask.”

Harry grinned in return and picked her up from the chair, graciously taking him with her to the dance floor.

I shouldn’t love you but I want to
I just can’t turn away
I shouldn’t see you but I can’t move
I can’t look away

Harry places his arms on her hips while Ginny raised her arms to rest on his shoulders. They stared at each other, green to brown. They swayed as Harry and Ginny listen to the song, letting the music engulf them.

And I don’t know how to fine when I’m not
‘Cause I don’t know how to make the feelings stop

Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to
I just gotta say it all
Before I go
Just so you know

“Ginny.”

“Yes, Harry?” whispered Ginny.

“I’m sorry I hurt your feelings last year.”

“That’s okay, Harry. I understand.”

“You do?”

“Harry, you should know better that I’ll still love you. You’re not getting rid of me that easily.”

It's getting hard to be around you
There's so much I can't say
Do you want me to hide the feelings
And look the other way

And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not
'Cause I don't know how to make a feeling stop

Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to
I just gotta say it all
Before I go
Just so you know

“Ginny, I think we should stop.”

“What?”

Harry released Ginny and walked away from her.

“Harry!”

Harry turned around. Ginny’s eyes were glistened with tears.

This emptiness is killing me
And I'm wondering why I've waited so long
Looking back I realize
It was always there just never spoken
I'm waiting here...been waiting here

“Don’t leave me, Harry! I don’t care if You-Know-Who’s going to target me! I love you!”

Harry walked back to Ginny and laced his fingers with hers. “You do?”

Ginny nodded. “I still love you no matter how many times you push me away.”

“Ginny, I…”

But Harry’s words were drowned when Ginny’s lips were locked into his. He closed his eyes, smelling the flowery scent and letting it take his thoughts away. The young male singer smiled at them as he continued singing his song.

Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to
I just gotta say it all
Before I go
Just so you know


* * * *

“Ginny?”

Ginny felt someone’s shaking her.

“Ginny!”

Uhh… Why does my dream have to stop?

Ginny swatted the hand off her shoulders. “Go away!”

“Ginny! I’m serious! Get up!”

“Huh?”

Ginny looked up blearily at the face of Parvati Patil, a seventh year student that was one of the D.A. members in her fourth year.

“What happened?” Ginny mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

“It’s time to wake up,” reminded Parvati. “Don’t you remember we have to get our schedules in the Great Hall?”

Ginny’s eyes widened, slapping her hand to her forehead.

Oh, yeah! I almost had forgotten about that!

“Well, you coming?” asked Parvati, waiting by the door.

“Wait, I need to do something first. You go on without me.”

“Are you sure?”

Ginny nodded.

“Okay, then…”

Ginny watched as Parvati left before pulling out her trunk from under her bed. She opened the hinges and revealed the inside of her trunk: her Muggle clothes, folded socks, collared white shirts, spare skirts, her shoes, scarf, gloves, hat, undershirt…

But where is it?

Ginny started digging through her trunk until…at last!

Ginny pulled out a small black leather book out from the bottom of her trunk. On the front cover has her name engraved in gold: This diary belongs to Ginny M. Weasley. Ginny flipped through her diary pages and found the exact page she was looking for. Grabbing her wand from her bed, she tapped the page containing a picture of a sparkling red rose. It rose out of her book and in a flash; Ginny was holding the exact rose from her diary. She twirled the rose affectionately, smiling at the moment after the dance in Bill and Fleur’s reception.

______________________________________________________________________________________

“Ginny, I want you to have this.” He held his fist in front of her.

Ginny at stared at him blankly. “What? Is this a joke?”

Harry grinned mischievously. “No, just watch.”

He pulled out his wand out of his dress robes pocket and gave it a swirly wave over his fist.

“Now, close your eyes and don’t open them until I say so.”

Ginny pouted at him. “Do I have to?”

“Not unless you don’t want my gift,” he replied, chuckling softly.

“Oh, all right then. I’ll close them.”

Harry kissed her gently on her the tip of her nose. “That’s my good girl,” he whispered in her ear.

Checking to make she wasn’t peeking; Harry turned his back on her. He then kissed his fist, blew inside it, and muttered whispered incantations to his closed hand. Harry slowly opened his hand to reveal a sparkling red rose with a pink laced ribbon wrapped around the stem in a pretty bow.

“Perfect,” he muttered. He then turns around to face her again. “Okay, you can open them.”

Ginny opened her eyes and opened her mouth in surprise. “How… How did you…”

Harry raised his eyebrows. “Now, Ginny, I can’t tell you my secret now, can’t I? This is a wizard’s art of secret magic rules.”

“Are you making this up?” asked Ginny, raising her eyebrows.

Harry made a shocked face as if he was insulted. “Now why would I do that, Ms. Ginevra Molly Weasley?” said Harry, his green eyes twinkling mischievously. “Would I really lie to the girl I love so dearly?”

Ginny smiled at him, taking the precious rose into her silky gloved hands. “Well, it doesn’t matter how you done that. But I’ll always treasure this forever.”

“You promise?” whispered Harry.

“I promise.”


______________________________________________________________________________

Before you leave
There’s just one thing
That I want you to know


Harry… I’ll always keep my promises. And I still kept it. Not a single pedal out of place. Just the way you wanted it to remain…

She placed the rose on her soft pillow and looked at it admirably. Ginny smiled at her bed as she shut the door behind her with a soft click.
Chapter Endnotes: Can you readers to guess who was singing that song in Ginny's dream and what is the title of the song?

Okay, that's all! Thanks for your support, my fellow readers!