Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Odd Gryffindors - Book One of the Evil Kneazle Series by AurorKeefy

Printer
Summary: Luke Oakshot and Gordon Owen are best friends, born just a few days apart, living in a sleepy village far from the world of wizards. Yet having spent all their lives together, they now find themselves heading to two different high schools - where for the first time they will be divided.

But there is a third school that is interested in Luke and Gordon. A school that will show and teach them far more than any other school could. In a few short weeks, their eyes will be opened to things they could not have believed before. Yet nothing the school offers is more important than the two staying together, and it is this school, and this world, that will allow their friendship to endure.

Or will it? And what on earth is going on with those cats?
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 16 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 68351 Viewcount: 50417
Published on: 08/26/07 Updated On: 11/16/08





1. Prologue - Somewhere in Time by AurorKeefy [ - ] (3451 words)
Thanks to my betas, old and new, including Colores and the quite wonderful Snape's Talon. It's nothing without them.

EDIT: It occurs to me, as we near the end of the first book, that the title for the prologue was not mentioned. It is called "Somewhere in Time", because while the events within occur during Luke and Gordon's school years, they do not necessarily occur in the year of each book. Hence, somewhere in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Chapter One - The Final Day by AurorKeefy [ - ] (3803 words)

3. Chapter Two - Of Muggles and Men by AurorKeefy [ - ] (2280 words)
It is my belief that certain elements of the enrollment process at Hogwarts remain unchanged through the years, including but not exclusive to the school letters. With this in mind, the letters and certain speeches contained in some chapters of this book have been deliberately taken directly from J.K. Rowling's books. This was in order to remain close to canon, rather than through laziness or efforts to plagiarise. While there is an obvious degree of the latter two inherent in any fanfiction - though particularly one concerned with the enrollment process - I have made efforts to at least rephrase lines and descriptions where I feel it is appropriate. So there.
4. Chapter Three - To London by AurorKeefy [ - ] (3216 words)

5. Chapter Four - Diagon Alley by AurorKeefy [ - ] (3881 words)
In addition to my standard beta thanks to Snape's Talon, thanks also to Magical Maeve secondary betaing and help with validation! Much appreciated!
Blah blah...similar to PS...blah blah...close to canon not plagiarising...blah blah blah...

---------------------------------------------------------

6. Chapter Five - The Hogwarts Express by AurorKeefy [ - ] (6729 words)
Similar to canon for story purposes rather than plagiarism - as standard. Thanks go out to my betas again, with this week's credit going to the delightful Rushia.
-------------------------------------------------------------

7. Chapter Six - The Sorting by AurorKeefy [ - ] (3370 words)
Last disclaimer for citing J.K. Rowling directly, but as I said earlier, certain speechs in the books sound recited, rather than improvised. Must...stay...close...to...canon...

Thanks to Cirelondiel for betaing!

8. Chapter Seven - The Perfect Start by AurorKeefy [ - ] (4738 words)
Beta thanks to Rhi_4_HP!

------------------------------------------------------------

9. Chapter Eight - Out of the Frying Pan by AurorKeefy [ - ] (5030 words)
More thanks to Rhi4HP, beta-proper for this chapter. Other thanks can go to ButterBeerDrinker, MudbloodProud, and, of course, Snape's Talon, for their combined work on the wider side of things. Thanks everyone!

10. Chapter Nine - Interhouse Quidditch by AurorKeefy [ - ] (3783 words)
Big beta thanks going out to HarryPotterFangirl21 for the betaing this time around. Apologies for the big gap in uploading, moving house kind of put a stop to it for a while. I'll try and keep the train moving from now on.
11. Chapter Ten - The Mark of the Thief by AurorKeefy [ - ] (5933 words)
Betaing help for this chapter by Harry4lif. Credit for necessary edits and refiling of his chapter collection by AurorKeefy, who is feeling very, very, tired.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. Chapter Eleven - The Mystery of Professor Hollowhorn by AurorKeefy [ - ] (3570 words)
This week's betaing thanks go to...*drum roll*...me! It's only a short chapter, and uploading has been a little slow recently, so I thought I'd chance it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. Chapter Twelve - The Teacher's Pet by AurorKeefy [ - ] (4996 words)
Beta thanks for this chapter go out to Hermoine Jean Granger! May mods everywhere breath a sigh of relieve that normal service has resumed! : )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14. Chapter Thirteen - The Quidditch Final by AurorKeefy [ - ] (3964 words)
More beta credit going out to Hermoine Jean Granger, who has been working her socks off with this in spite of the queue hiatus. Much appreciated!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15. Chapter Fourteen - The Guide of the Wyrm by AurorKeefy [ - ] (4414 words)
Mania knocks at my door again, and onwards comes the penultimate chapter of The Odd Gryffindors! The end is in sight! Beta thanks go flying out to the wonderful Hermoine Jean Granger once more!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. Chapter Fifteen - Homeward Bound by AurorKeefy [ - ] (5193 words)
And so the Odd Gryffindors comes to a close! Beta thanks for this chapter to Hermoine Jean Granger!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------