Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Little Lighter Than Black by kritchen

Printer
Summary: From the ancient and noble house of Black to the obscurity of being Muggleborn, seventh year just promised to be another school year, although their last. Andromeda is testing her boundaries and the limits placed upon her. She's rebelling a bit from the ideals that she was brought up with. Ted is just living in the moment, still trying to decide what he wants to be. Fighting with habitual messiness and lack of organization, the cheerful, happy-go-lucky Hufflepuff soon finds himself in the midst of something he hadn't expected. Two unlikely characters, a spark of life, and the awkwardness of repeated encounters leads to more than they expected out of their seventh year.

I'm sorry for the long wait for the next chapter. It's finally finished. I graduated high school in 2010 and then entered college. It was quite a stressful time and quite the transition. I also lost the chapter once when my computer crashed. I had struggled with it for so long (writer's block) and when it was almost done, there it went into technological oblivion. I was so frustrated, I couldn't bring myself to try rewriting it until recently.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Other Pairing
Characters: None
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 12 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 31536 Viewcount: 41765
Published on: 11/25/07 Updated On: 08/04/11





1. Curiosity Killed The Cat by kritchen [ - ] (2711 words)
Thanks to CakeorDeath for being a fantastic Beta. :] Thank you Kerichi for the inspiration behind it enjoy the story. You've been such a driving force for it, even if you didn't know it. Thanks for the critiques too. They made the chapter better.


2. Jealousy Becomes Him by kritchen [ - ] (2597 words)
I've got multiple people to thank for this one. There's CakeorDeath, my fantastic permanent beta for this story. She gave great advice. There's the fabulous and beloved Kerichi who had amazing writing style advice. She helped make this chapter be the very best that it could be while remaining true to the characters, the plot and a'course, my own writing. Then there's Cirelondiel, also known as Chelsea, who is skilled in the ways of punctuation. :] Thanks all and reviews would be lovely.
3. Damsels in Distress and Knights-In-Shining-Armor by kritchen [ - ] (2664 words)

4. Peeves is a Peeve by kritchen [ - ] (2556 words)
Thanks to Nikki (fg_weasley) for beta-ing this. She's amazing. :]
As I should have mentioned beforehand, Andromeda Black and Ted Tonks, as well as the HP universe, belong to J.K. Rowling. Raphael and Aveline are OC's of my own making.

The line "Oh, the cleverness of me" came from the newest non-animated version of Peter Pan. It might be in other versions, but that's where I got it from.

5. Imprints of Friendship by kritchen [ - ] (2774 words)
Thanks to Nikki again for beta-ing. :]
6. Friends Against Family by kritchen [ - ] (2761 words)

7. A Very Confused Rainbow by kritchen [ - ] (2604 words)
Thanks to Nik as always for beta-ing. She's fantastic and fast! Thanks to Kat for helping me with ideas when I got stuck as well. :}
8. An Average Sleepover by kritchen [ - ] (2742 words)

9. Winter Flush by kritchen [ - ] (2589 words)
So here's the latest chapter. It's been quite a while since I've written anything for it. However, I'm fairly certain those of who you read this will enjoy the ending and think the wait was worth it. :D
10. Overwhelming; part one. by kritchen [ - ] (2656 words)
This chapter, or I should say point of view, is split into two parts. Simply because I like keeping my chapters similar lengths and also because Dromeda demanded more at this particular part in the story.
11. Overwhelming; part two by kritchen [ - ] (2210 words)
Thanks Emma for beta-ing and all your fantastic words of praise. They made me smile. :) Here is the long awaited new chapter. Sorry for the wait. Life got in the way, as per usual. Next one shouldn't be too long in coming but this year I have 4 AP classes and college apps to worry about. YAY stress! lol.
12. Late Nights by kritchen [ - ] (2672 words)
This is a long time coming. I'm sorry I've been away so long. I missed writing and the community on the boards. :) I just let life get away with me but I finally finished! I hope you enjoy this!