Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Colours Of Life by xombie

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I would like to thank a number of people who have helped with my fic. My first thanks to my two amazing Betas- Colores and Phia Phoenix. Nupur, pokethedevil, The BlackSister and Hatusu also provided immense help to me, so *hugs* to all =D

The Prologue gives way to a number of questions, which I assure all of you, will be answered in the next few upcoming chapters. And thanks to all, for popping by and taking a look :)


She held on to her father’s hands as he guided her through the crowd. Ow! Don’t pull me so hard. Her mother followed close behind, carrying her brother in her arms. They reached their destination in a few moments.

‘You won’t be scared alone, will you?’

‘Of course not, Dad. I’m grown up. I’m three inches taller than last year, see?’

Her mother laughed and hugged her tightly.

‘Take care, darling. Okay? Make new friends, and write to me every day. Don’t forget to mention your House.’

‘Mum! I know!’

Her mother laughed again.

‘I’ll be back in a moment. Let me say goodbye to the others.’

Her father rounded on her the instant her mother was gone.

‘I have something to tell you. Something very important.’



He stayed close to his father all throughout the journey. His mother stood by, one hand on his shoulder.

‘How much longer, Father?’

‘A few more minutes. Be patient.’

He fixed his attention on the others around him. The platform was buzzing with activity.

‘Is that Marguerita?’

He sighed. Mother’s spotted another friend. He watched as she moved away to greet her friend. However, his attention was snapped when his father turned him to meet his face. His father’s steely grey eyes stared into his own.

‘Do you remember what I told you? At no cost should you ever forget it. Have I made myself clear?’



She stuck her tiny head out of the window and sneaked a glance at the boy. Wonder why Dad’s so against him. His blonde hair fell loosely into his eyes, making him look more handsome than ever in the dimming light.

The chattering increased as everyone waved farewell to their children.

‘Bye Mum, bye Dad!’ the little girl waved goodbye, kissed her brother lightly on his cheeks and fell back into her seat.

It was time for the train to move.



He climbed onto the train and held on tightly, waving to his parents until they were out of sight. Now to get a place for myself. Walking through filled carriages, he closed his ears.

I hate noise. I need a place … alone.



The door of the cabin opened. It’s him. I can’t allow him in here. What’ll Dad say? And why aren’t the others here?

‘You can have a seat if you want. There’s nobody besides me.’

‘Thanks.’

And silence followed.



Who is she?

‘Do you want a Chocolate Frog? I’ve got loads of them. Dad sent them with me, along with a hoard of other things too.’

‘Okay. Want to try some of my home-made cookies?’

‘Sure. But don’t forget the Chocolate Frogs.’

The girl smiled. ‘I won’t.’

She’s cute. The boy smiled back. And Chocolate Frogs are delicious.



‘What’s your name?’

‘Scorpius Malfoy. Yours?’

‘Rose Weasley. But most people call me Rosie.’

‘No wonder you’re so pink …. like a rose.’

The girl laughed along with the boy.

He’s not so bad after all. And Chocolate Frogs are delicious.