Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tears of Lamis by dracoslamis

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This is my first fic so be kind and review!

Thank you to my two beta's 'Roxy Black' and 'rowenaathena'. They are amazing.

And a very big thank you to the lovely nicola or 'theworldonlyknows' (without who i would never have had the courage to write this story) and to hammy or 'deadlyseduction' (without who i would never have even found this site).

happy reading! =]






She did not really need a glass of water, but felt like she could do with stretching her legs. She did not need sleep anymore and was always more active when the moon was out. Purely out of habit she rubbed non-existent sleep from her eyes. Sitting up she surveyed the room, to which most others would be dark, but to her it was a clear as day, from the childhood sketches of Crumple-Horned Snorkacks to the swirling cloud-like pattern splashed across the blue walls. Sliding her bare slender legs over the side of her bed, she pushed herself up with a pale hand. The oversized ‘Weird Sisters’ t-shirt she was wearing fell back into place, brushing the tops of her thighs. Self-consciously tugging it down, she padded silently across the plush bronze carpet. Glancing sideways at the vanity set on her dressing table, she paused. The reflection of an empty room glared back at her, taunting her. A single crystal tear hovered on the rim of her eye lid, before tumbling over the edge and landing with a small plop on the carpet at her feet. The sudden noise seemed to pull her out of her reverie; giving a slight shake of her head she brushed a tendril of hair out of her wide unblinking eyes. With a small sigh she continued across the room towards the door, covered in the same pattern that adorned the walls. Reaching out for the door handle, she paused, for just a fraction of a second, before pulling the door open on silent hinges. She crept down the hall way, purposely diverting her eyes from the partially open doorway just to her left.



The sudden noise of someone groaning and rolling over in their sleep caused her head to swing round. Long blond hair swishing through the still night air.
A beam of moon light shone through a gap in the curtains onto the sleeping figure of a man. He was sprawled on his back across a rickety bed, his head thrown away from her, exposing the smooth run of white skin from his stubble covered jaw line to his protruding collar bone. It was this that the girl in the door way was focusing on, a subtle change came over her, clear blue eyes narrowed into dark slits and two white points appeared over the edge of her full bottom lip.



How she got across the room and next to the bed she barely noticed, the draw of that smooth expanse of neck, the skin so white she could see the dark blue pulsing of the vein beneath it, was too great. As her lips drew back in a silent snarl, her canines visibly lengthened. Her head drew closer and closer to his neck, long hair fell over her shoulder and gently brushed the mans face.



He gave a start, his eyes shot open and immediately the fogginess of sleep in them was replaced by shock, and fear.


“L… Luna?” he whispered.
Luna’s eyes widened with realisation, turning back to their natural blue. She stumbled backwards away from the bed, her hand clamped over her mouth.


“N…no, no” she murmured. That was it, the final straw, she could not stay around normal people any more; she was a risk to every one around her. With one bound she cleared the bed landing nimbly on the window ledge. The man drew back, the fear still evident in his tired eyes. Luna turned away; she couldn’t stand the way he was looking at her.
“I’m sorry, dad.” The words were left hanging in the cold night air as Luna threw herself out of the window.