Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Skat-Hatokha Reaction by OliveOil_Med

Printer
Summary: Nominated for the 2009 QSQ award for Best Male OC.

Harry's life is quiet now. He has a loving wife, a beautiful son, a career along side his best friend, and everything else he could ever want and never imagine having. But now, his career as an Auror will lead both him and Ron halfway around the world to investigate a mysterious school known only as the Skat-Hatokha Academy of Magic.

But from the beginning, something seems off. No one in the wizarding world has heard of this school, the board of directors can contact you, but you can't contact them, and the accepted students have all been in some trouble with the law and take their right to remain silent very seriously. Not to mention Lucius Malfoy's near obsessive interest in this case and his close involvement with the Ministry.

But as more time passes, the more the case begins to take on a life of its own, and not just for Harry.

Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Mystery
Characters: None
Warnings: Mild Profanity
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 9 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 62139 Viewcount: 29135
Published on: 01/10/08 Updated On: 10/29/09





1. Chapter 1 The Notebook Paper Rejection by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (2872 words)
Harry's perfect life takes on a tilt when he first learns of the System, the Education Compensation Act, and the Skat-Hatokha Academy of Magic.

Major thanks to Joanna, the ninja-master of beta reading!!!

Also, I've been working with red_and_gold, so could she please read this.

2. Chapter 2 Three Weeks Time by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (7410 words)
Harry is put personally in charge of investigating the allegations made against Skat-Hatokha. Meanwhile, three week earlier, we get to met Nate Rivers, the boy behind the notebook paper.

I also want to thank Andi, Bethie, and, for some reason, I'm also supposed to thank my wonderfully sexy beta, Joanna. jk!

3. Chapter 3 Bernie's 24-Hour Waffle Hut by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6680 words)
Harry and Ron make their first contacts in New York City, while three weeks earlier, Nate and Lorelei contemplate their current situation.

Thanks to Joanna for being the bestest beta ever when it comes to correcting more typos than any writer should be allowed to have!

4. Chapter 4 Deception, Sleep Deprivation, and Dropping Dead by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (4846 words)
Harry and Ron finally encounter Nate Rivers only to learn he is not the type to go quietly. And after three days running the streets of New York City, Nate leans on his best friend for support. But no good deed goes unpunished.

Thanks, Joanna!

5. Chapter 5 The Macalister Girls by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6826 words)
Harry and Ron finally track down Nate Rivers, but neither he nor the recidents of his hiding place are feeling the spirit of cooperation. And in the middle of it all, at the worst possible timing, Ron recieves some news that quite literally knocks him off his feet.

Love ya, Jo-jo!

6. Chapter 6 Dewey, Chetham, and Howe by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6021 words)
In the battle-torn Macalister apartment, Nate gives a statment.

Thank you, Joanna!

7. Chapter 7 Another Letter by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (9197 words)
Nate receives another letter from Misters Dewey, Chetham, and Howe, inviting him to visit the famous Skat-Hatokha Academy of Magic. Meanwhile, in England, Harry is having his own share of problems between work and family.

Thank you to my beta girls: Joanna, Alex, and Emma!

8. Chapter 8 The Biting Envelopes by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (8984 words)
Ginny finally spills her own short-lived secret to Harry, while Nate is given a rather vague task from the Skat-Hatokha board of directors.

Thanks go out once again to Holly and Jo-jo!

9. Chapter 9 Hieging Place by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (9303 words)
Lorelei gets a rather disturbing letter that forces Nate to take his friends on a little field trip.

Thank you to the very many wonderful betas that helped me out on this chapter.