Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

More Than A Game by Hypatia

Printer
Summary: “Lord Voldemort has never had a friend, nor do I believe that he has ever wanted one.” -Dumbledore, HBP, ch. 13

Dumbledore was rarely wrong, only once did Lord Voldemort desire a friend. It started out as only a game…

First place winner in the Color of Love Challenge.

Nominated for Best Romance Between Other Characters in the 2008 QSQs!
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Other Pairing
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 9119 Viewcount: 2645
Published on: 03/24/08 Updated On: 03/24/08





1. More Than A Game by Hypatia [ - ] (9119 words)
Many thanks to OliveOil_Med, Sagen and Sara for their beta jobs!

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your own selfishness. But in that casket - safe, dark, motionless, airless - it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell."
-The Four Loves, by C.S. Lewis