Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Vanity and Pride by Ironic Inspiration

Printer
Summary:

What is a story without a scandal?

Underneath every burn hole on the tapestry of the Black family tree, there is a story, and underneath every story, there is a scandal.

In 1924, the Blacks were the most powerful family of the Wizarding World. They were greedy, back-stabbing, malicious, and power-hungry. And Cedrella was no exception. She was her father's favourite daughter; the pride of the Blacks, and it has earned her a conceited nature like no other.

But during her seventh year at Hogwarts, her life begins to become a little more clear, her family a little more conniving. She is arranged to wed the infamous Abraxus Malfoy and has people watching her every move to make sure she follows through. It makes it even more difficult when Septimus Weasley, a blood traitor and fellow classmate, starts to convince her, that for once in her life, she could have what she wanted.

A scandal forms between the two; a forbidden love between Black and Weasley behind the walls of Hogwarts. If they are found out, their lives will be ruined. But even under the opposition, what a Black wants...

a Black gets.


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Other Pairing
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 4225 Viewcount: 3148
Published on: 04/23/08 Updated On: 04/25/08



Story Notes:

I hope you all enjoy this story. I have done a lot of research on the Black family, and therefor, kept everything as cannon as possible. All the Black family members can be found on the family tree with their respective partners. Any mentioning of reasons why a member of the family was disowned is cannon, as well. I added some minor characters to keep things interesting.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or the Black family.


1. The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black by Ironic Inspiration [ - ] (4225 words)
The betas that poured over this chapter are iloverupertgrint, thegirllikeme, Rachel Marie, and OliveOil_Med. They did a wonderful job! I hope you enjoy!

Lyrics are from Run This City by Jet Lag Gemini.