Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Different View On Love by helz_belz

Printer
Summary: James would do anything to get inside Lily’s head. Lily would do anything to get away from James. Lily was brewing a banned potion. James went to find her. Lily made a mistake and the potion exploded. James got his wish, but is it much more than he bargained for?

Now Complete!



After a year the Epilouge is now up! Come read for a bit of fun!!

Runner up QSQ - Best Chaptered Canon Romance


Reason for Nomination:
This is the most unique take on how James and Lily really got to know each other. The story is hilarious and keeps you laughing throughout, but it never lets you forget the serious stuff. Plus, she somehow manages to end each chapter with a nice cliffhanger.

~~hestiajones
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: James/Lily
Characters: None
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 15 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 51560 Viewcount: 204781
Published on: 07/23/08 Updated On: 04/08/11



Story Notes: Everything you recognize belongs to JKR. All hail the great JKR! Warnings are for later chapters


1. Chapter One: Why Am I Doing This Again? by helz_belz [ - ] (1092 words)
Thanks to my wonderful beta's Affia and Lyra
2. Chapter Two: When You Become Exceedingly Handsome by helz_belz [ - ] (1610 words)
Thanks to my wonderful Beta's Alyssa and Lyra for adding numerous improvements.

And to JKR for making such wonderful characters to fiddle with.

3. Chapter Three: It Must Be The Shampoo by helz_belz [ - ] (2277 words)
Thanks to my wonderful beta's Afifa and Alyssa. Behold JKR's awesomeness.
4. Chapter Four: I Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe by helz_belz [ - ] (2740 words)
Firstly many thanks and Kudus must go to my two wonderful Beta’s Alyssa and Afifa. Without these two my stories would never be accepted or read. If anyone else read the first copy of these chapters they would be shocked. They are life savers.

I would also like this opportunity to thank the following: Gorgeous_Ginny, James Jameson, Inverarity, Elf, roaringruthie125 and DreamsUnleashed from the forums for contributing to my plot help discussion. Special thanks go to alexthecheesepuff for suggesting the perfect song which coincidentally became this chapter title, MarieEvans760 for providing inspiration for the detention scene and giving me great ideas for later chapters and Neville's Girl who has always been especially helpful on both the forums and in reviews. *Wipes Brow* Whew that was a lot of people to thank. Now read this chapter.


5. Chapter Five: The Moronic Moose by helz_belz [ - ] (3246 words)
Thanks to my wonderful beta's Affia and Alyssa. You Rock!
Oh and JKR. Your created our playground. For that we thank you.

6. Chapter Six: Concurrent Concussions by helz_belz [ - ] (3792 words)
I sadly don’t own James or Lily or any other characters of the Potter universe. That great honour goes to JKR. Once again, thanks to my brilliant beta’s Afifa and Alyssa.
7. Chapter Seven: Patience is a Virtue by helz_belz [ - ] (3196 words)
Unfortunately, I do not own James or Lily or any of the other characters you recognise, that belongs to the great JKR. Thanks again to my lifesavers/ betas Alyssa and Afifa. You rock :)
8. Chapter Eight: What's Our Game Plan? by helz_belz [ - ] (4048 words)
Where would I be without Afifa and Alyssa? You don't want to know. And a big thanks to JRK, she is Queen and I simply a Court Jester.
9. Chapter Nine: Sorry for the Inconvenience by helz_belz [ - ] (3368 words)
This chapter is dedicated to my sister Cathy, who I finally told about my addiction to fanfiction. Thank you for laughing at all the right moments when I read this story to you. Big thanks again to my wonderful Beta's Afifa and Alyssa and to JKR for creating the Potterverse.
10. Chapter Ten:: Every Man's Worst Fear by helz_belz [ - ] (3823 words)
Thanks heaps to Afifa and Alyssa (harry4lyf), my wonderful beta's. JKR is owner of the Potter World, I'm just borrowing the keys for a second.
11. Chapter Eleven: The Head's Dormitory by helz_belz [ - ] (4344 words)
Thanks to my great Beta's Afifa and Alyssa! Also big thanks to JKR for creating the Harry Potter world in which we play. I own nothing.
12. Chapter Twelve: Objection! by helz_belz [ - ] (4701 words)
Thanks to my wonderful, amazing betas, Afifa and Alyssa (harry4lyf). You two are so amazing picking up my many mistakes and typos and always leave great comments. I'm so lucky to have you on my side.

Big thanks must also go to JKR who wrote the Harry Potter Universe. I take no credit, nor do I earn any money from this story.

13. Chapter Thirteen: Every Good Romance Needs An Exciting and Deadly Chase Scene by helz_belz [ - ] (4237 words)
Thanks so much to Alyssa and Afifa for Beta'ing this. Second last chapter guys :D Thanks to JKR for writing the characters that made all this possible.

14. Chapter Fourteen: Love Works in the Weirdest of Ways by helz_belz [ - ] (5138 words)
I must thank seven lovely ladies for this story. Cathy, for taking an interest, I'm so sad you moved to the city, Ashliegh for laughing when I read this, Afifa and Alyssa (harry4lyf) for being the most wonderful beta's ever, Carole (Equinox Chick) for leaving the most wonderful reviews and promising to record, Natalie (hestiajones) for nominating this for QSQ and JKR for writing the characters that made this story possible.

Finally, thank you to everyone who has made it to the final chapter, whether you have been reading since last August or started today. Thank you for your kind reviews.

15. Epilouge by helz_belz [ - ] (3948 words)
I'm back for one last surprise! A little while ago I was going through my files and I found a half written Epilouge. At the time I was busy with uni, friends and working, but it sat at the back of my mind. About three months ago I let it slip to two of my friends that I used to write. They read my story and I began to send them the epilogue piece by piece. I’m not sure how many of my original readers are still out there, but here is the epilogue a year and a half later. I hope you like it, because I’ll say this now, the ending is how you see it.

To my wonderful betas Affia and Alyssa, I’m sorry I lost your email addresses. I hope you read this anyway!