Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Seen In a Different Light by TCole

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: One last thanks to my amazing betas! *hugs*
All of the memories came rushing back to Hermione as if she was actually reliving it all. It upset her to remember the fact that she had broken Ron’s heart, and that him and Harry hated her now. But, if she pushed all of those things aside, she knew deep in her heart that she had made the right decision those many years ago. She was happy with how her life turned out. She was happy to be married to Draco.

It had been five years since she had last spoken to Ron and Harry. After she went back to the Burrow the morning after she realised her feelings for Draco, everything went downhill with her two best friends. As soon as she stepped through the door, the two of them were standing there, ready to yell at her. Of course, it ended with her leaving the house in tears to go back to Draco’s apartment. He welcomed her back with open arms, and she had been there ever since. She still saw Harry and Ron every now and then when she went to Diagon Alley, but they would always look in her direction, and then quickly turn away, disgust evident on their faces.

She sighed and looked at the clock on the table next to the bed. It was time for her to get showered and dressed. She knew that Draco was taking her to Malfoy Manor that day to see his mother. It would be her first visit there where she was actually welcome (for Draco she was welcome, but she knew his mother would feel the opposite).

Hermione climbed out of the bed and walked over to the dresser that held her clothes. She decided to go wearing a pair of black slacks and a white, button down shirt. She didn’t have to worry about her hair, she had begun to keep a full supply of the potion that straightened it out. It worked in a matter of minutes, and then all she had to do was style it. She figured she would keep it down with a black headband to keep it out of her face.

Once dressed and ready, she made her way through the hallway and into the kitchen. Draco was sitting at the table with a cup of tea, reading the Daily Prophet. He lifted his head and smiled at her.

“Good morning, are you all ready to go?” he asked, handing her his cup so they wouldn’t have to waste time by her making her own.

She took a sip of the warm liquid and smiled back. “Yeah, I think so. I guess I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.”

He laughed and got up from the table. He walked over to her and gently wrapped his arms around her, burying his face in her neck.

“You’ll be fine. I’m sure she’s had a change of heart after everything that has happened in the past.”

Hermione nodded. She still couldn’t help but feel nervous about formally meeting his mother. Narcissa wasn’t invited to the wedding for the sake of any arguments, and Hermione knew she would be upset with them for that. They had kept their wedding small with just the two of them, a random witness, and the Minister. The two had agreed to have a formal wedding once they told Narcissa about their relationship.

Draco let go of her, and he headed towards to front door. He looked over his shoulder, and she followed him. They stepped through the doorway and out onto the staircase. Once on the side walk, they both stepped and turned, Apparating on the spot to the Manor.

The house looked the same as it did years ago “ huge. Hermione sighed and rubbed her hands together as the two made their way up the lawn and to the front door. Draco reached out and took her hand in his, gently squeezing it as he pushed open the door.

The flickering light from a fire burning in the living room was visible from the hallway, and so they walked towards it, knowing that Narcissa would be there. Draco turned into the room first, still holding onto Hermione’s hand.

Narcissa raised her head at the sound of their footsteps and smiled when she saw her son. She reached out for him to give her a hug, but when Draco stepped to the side to show that Hermione was with him, the smile on Narcissa’s face disappeared and her arms dropped to her sides.

“Why is she here?” Narcissa said.

“Mother, I’m sure you already know who she is, but . . . I wanted to formally introduce the two of you,” Draco replied. He stepped closer towards his mother and pulled Hermione along with him.

“Mother, this is Hermione, my wife.”

Narcissa’s face dropped. Obviously, she wasn’t expecting Draco to call her his ‘wife’, and she sat down in the chair she had previously occupied.

“What do you mean ‘wife’?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Draco looked back at Hermione who was busy studying the floor of the sitting room.

“You know what I mean by it. Hermione is my wife. We decided a while ago to be married with just the two of us and the Minister. No one knows about it, except for you, now.”

Narcissa shook her head. She couldn’t believe anything that her son was saying to her. She didn’t want to believe anything her son was saying to her. Even though she was more tolerant of Muggle-borns, and she was hardly ever disrespectful to most of them, she still wanted to keep have her family be all Purebloods.

“Draco, honey, that can’t be true. You would never do that,” Narcissa said. She looked up at her son and realised that he wasn’t lying to her. She watched as he lifted his left hand and showed her the ring that he had. He then lifted Hermione’s hand to let her see that Hermione had the same one.

Narcissa sighed. “Why would you do this? Why?”

“Because “ I love her, Mother. I thought you, of all people, would understand that.”

“I do understand that, but . . . why her?” she asked.

“Mother, you don’t understand it at all. I married Hermione because I love her. I was wrong about her when I was in Hogwarts. She truly is an amazing woman, and . . . I’ve honestly grown to love her,” Draco said, his voice becoming a low whisper.

He looked at Hermione again and smiled. She forced herself to smile back at him, and then she turned and looked at Narcissa.

“Mrs. Malfoy, I know you don’t like me, but I just don’t want you to not talk to Draco because of the fact that we have been married,” Hermione said.

Narcissa turned her head to look at Hermione. Her face seemed to soften a bit, and she gave Hermione a small smile that was almost unnoticeable.

“Well, of course I won’t stop talking to my son. He’ll always be my son no matter what, and it’s not that I don’t like you, it’s just . . . I’m shocked that he got married to you after everything that has happened.”

Hermione nodded. She understood completely, and she was glad that Narcissa wasn’t going to disown Draco for marrying her. Hermione just wished that Narcissa would realise that she wasn’t as horrible as Narcissa thinks she is. She knew that it would take some time for Narcissa to come to terms with everything, but she was willing to wait. She was happy with her life and has been since that day in the Diagon Alley.

She turned her head towards Draco and smiled at him. She knew that things were going to get much better as time went by, and she was glad that she would go through everything with him by her side.
Chapter Endnotes: yay! all finished! =) What did you think? Thanks for reading!