Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Beyond Forever by mudbloodproud

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Again thanks must go to my beta, Alyssa, (harry4lif).

I am not J.K. Rowling and everything you recoginse belongs to her. I am thankful to be able to play in her world.
Sirius walked across the sitting room and stood by the front window, looking out. He knew Abby stood behind him, but he had to say what was on his mind before looking at her.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked. “Never mind, why would you tell me?”

“I...I didn’t tell anyone,” she said. “Not even Albus, though, I think he knew. He seems to know everything,” she said and let out a small chuckle. “Besides, I did tell you about my brother.”

“Oh, yeah, that. You told me he was a Death Eater, but not that you were...you were...one, too,” he said angrily.

Abby gasped. Is that what he thinks? That I was a Death Eater? she thought frantically. “I was never a Death Eater. I guess I was more of a play toy to them,” she said.

“You used the Unforgivable Curses, all of them. If that doesn’t make you one, then what does?” he asked.

“I may have used them, but not willingly and I never used the killing curse on a human,” she said in a small voice. “When my brother was killed, I got away as fast as I could from that life.”

“Once a Death Eater, always a Death Eater,” said Sirius. “You don’t just walk away.”

Abby was hurt, but she was also furious. How dare he judge her by something she had no control over? She never judged him because he was a Black. Going over to him, she grabbed his shoulder and attempted to turn him around. When that didn’t work, she moved to stand in front of him.

“Now, you listen very closely, Sirius Black. I was not nor was I ever a Death Eater. You of all people should realise just because we were raised by people with those beliefs, that doesn’t mean we become the product of them. Those ideals killed my brother, and would have killed me had I not escaped when I did.” She looked him straight in the eyes.

“I need to know right now if you can put this aside. I need to know before I fall any deeper in love with you.”

Sirius stepped back half a step, shock clear on his face. Abby’s eyes began to fill with tears and she turned towards the door. She had to get out of here. It was clear Sirius didn’t feel the same way and she needed to escape before he said it out loud.

Sirius grabbed her arm to stop her. Without saying anything, he bent his head and began kissing her. Abby reached her arms around him to draw him closer and he gasped in pain. She quickly pulled back.

“Sorry,” she said. “I guess I missed a rib or two?”

“Or three or four,” Sirius answered. “So, you love me, huh?” he asked grinning.

“Maybe, depends on why Remus hit you,” she said. She hadn’t meant to tell him she was falling in love with him, but it was too late to take the words back now.

“Ah, it was nothing, just a disagreement on whether you preferred being my girl or a werewolf’s.” Sirius laughed at her shocked expression. “I think it is safe to say, you like me better.”

“Not at this moment, I don’t. You actually called him a werewolf?” she asked, the last word coming out in a whisper.

“Ah, come on, you love me. Besides, I wouldn’t have if he didn’t keep going on about how you wouldn’t like being one of my girls, and how cuddly you are.”

“Let’s get something straight right now. I will never be one of your girls. I, damn well better be your ONLY girl.”

Sirius smiled and, pulling Abby closer, bent his head again to kiss her. He murmured against her lips, “You are the only girl for me, don’t ever doubt that.”

*****

Lily let the door slide closed quietly as she turned back to the table. “I think, mind you I only think they will be okay. It seems our Mr Black is kissing our Miss Sampson.” Lily took the seat Sirius had left empty.

“I must be going,” said Albus. “Remus, James, if you would relieve Caradoc and Frank in an hour, I will send Gideon and Fabian along around dinnertime.” At the nods of agreement from the two men, Albus turned towards the door to the living room before turning back. “Perhaps, it would be better for me to use the kitchen door,” he said.

Everyone laughed. James looked at Lily. “Any chance of getting some lunch before we head out?” he asked sweetly.

“You just finished breakfast a couple hours ago,” she said, but she stood and went to get out some stuff to make him something to eat.

As she gathered the fixings for sandwiches, she heard the kitchen door swing open and wisely kept her back to the room.

Sirius was smiling when he entered the kitchen holding Abby’s hand. He knew they still had things to work out, but at this moment, his whole world centred on the woman holding his hand. He sat down and pulled her onto his lap. He looked over at Remus.

“Well, Moony, to ease your worry, Abby is my only girl. I fought, but-” His words were abruptly cut off by Abby’s elbow connecting with his ribs; his very sore ribs.

“Ow, that hurt,” he complained. Abby giggled.

“I know this is a stupid question, but, Sirius, would you like a sandwich?” Lily asked as she turned around.

Sirius looked at Lily with pleading in his eyes. “If you would be so kind,” he said.

“Lily, would you like some help?” Abby asked as she tried to stand. Sirius’ arms tightened around her.

“No, I can manage,” she said. “Besides, I think Sirius would rather keep you where you are.” Lily laughed as Sirius nodded and Abby blushed.

“Okay, so what’s the plan?” Sirius asked. He looked at James as he asked his question though he knew anyone of the others could answer his question.

“Remus and I are going to relieve Frank and Caradoc in about an hour. Then Dumbledore is going to send Fabian and Gideon along around dinnertime to relieve us. We will keep an eye on the house to see who comes and goes.”

Sirius shook his head. “You know as well as I do that my mother will probably allow relatives to use the Floo Network so you may not even see anyone. I wonder...” he stopped and looked at Remus before continuing, “Do you think the protective charms are still in force with my father...gone?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I guess it would depend on the wording of them. From what you have told us about your father and his charms, I would say they would still be in effect,” Remus said.

Sirius nodded. He smiled at Lily as she placed a plate in front of him. “So, what is the plan for tomorrow?” he asked picking up half the sandwich and holding it out to Abby. He didn’t see the shocked looks on his friend’s faces as they watched him giving his food away.

“The service is at the house. It is set to begin at noon. Abby should get there a few minutes before you do so she is already in place when you arrive. Albus suggested she arrive around half past eleven and then you and Peter about quarter to.” James looked at Sirius.

“I don’t like the idea of her being there alone for any length of time. But since my visit is likely to be short, she will be there alone then anyway,” Sirius said. “I doubt any of us will find out anything of use.”

“I have to try,” said Abby. “Even though we may not hear anything concerning Regulus, perhaps I can overhear something useful for the Order.”

“Don’t put yourself in any danger trying to get information,” said Remus. “I doubt they will be discussing anything of importance anyway.”

“He’s right,” said Peter nodding. “It isn’t going to be a meeting of Death Eaters.”

Sirius looked at Remus. Abby could see he was confused as to why he seemed so sure there wouldn’t be any information to be gotten. Before he could comment though, Lily placed a plate of additional sandwiches in the centre of the table taking the empty seat next to James.

For the next several minutes, the room was quiet while they ate. It seemed strange to Abby after the breakfast they had shared this morning. When the plate of sandwiches was emptied, James and Remus stood.

“Lily,” said James as he drew her to her feet, “why don’t you go and rest while we are gone?”

Lily didn’t answer; she just leaned into his embrace. Neither said anything else, they just shared a gently kiss and James nodded once to her. He looked at Sirius, Abby, and Peter. “Make her rest and stay close,” he said to them.

“Not going anywhere,” said Sirius. Sirius and James shared a look that spoke volumes to Abby. It was as if they were reading each other’s mind.

“I’ll make her rest,” assured Abby.

James nodded and he joined Remus by the back door. “We’ll be back soon,” he said before he turned and walked out the door behind Remus.

Lily reached to pick up the plates from lunch. Abby hand shot out and stopped her. “No, you made lunch, Sirius and I will clean up. You go lay down,” Abby instructed her. Abby heard the gasps Sirius and Peter gave and looked at them questioningly.

“Shouldn’t have said that, Abby,” said Sirius. He leaned back in his chair away from the table and looked at Lily.

“I think I will do just that,” said Lily as she turned and walked out of the kitchen, leaving both men gaping at her.

“What?” said Abby, seeing the shock on their faces.

“Lily doesn’t stop when James is on a mission,” said Peter. “I can’t believe she didn’t bite your head off for suggesting it. Her normal routine is to clean the house from top to bottom without sleeping. One of us stays here with her if we can when she has to stay behind. I was here once when James and Sirius were on a mission. They were gone for thirty-six hours and she didn’t sleep...not at all.”

“I remember that mission,” said Sirius. “When we got back, Lily had painted every room in the house. All the furniture was rearranged.” He laughed deeply. “It was about midnight when we got back. The lights were out in the living room. James came in first and fell over the sofa. Not knowing what happened, I rushed in behind him and did the same landing right on top of him.”

“Lily and I were in the kitchen. I had convinced her to have a cup of tea, which I snuck a bit of Firewhisky into, when we heard the crashes. We rushed into the living room to see those two sprawled on the floor in a heap,” Peter told her as he, too, began laughing.

“What made it even funnier is usually Lily rushes to James and they go all lovely dovey, but she just stood there laughing and said, ‘James, your an idiot’,” Sirius said. “He began sputtering about the furniture being moved and just as he stood, Lily launched herself into his arms.”

“Which caused him to fall back into Sirius and the three of them fell again, this time with Sirius on the bottom,” Peter said, finishing the story.

Abby saw Sirius wince at the memory and rub his ribs. She burst out laughing. She could picture the scene perfectly in her mind from their descriptions. After a few moments, she said, “I am going to check on Lily. You two clean up this mess.”

She left the kitchen and Peter looked at the dishes on the table then at Sirius. “Bossy little thing, isn’t she?” he asked, laughter still in his voice. When Sirius nodded solemnly, Peter again burst into laughter.