Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A New Beginning- ABANDONED- SORRY GUYS!! by HarryPotter317

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

-students return to re-do the year they just completed, to do it properly
-I brought back to life some of the characters that died in DH, including Tonks, Remus and Fred
-Ron and Hermione never kissed and are not together
-Harry and Ginny never got back together after their break up in HBP
Chapter Notes: A/N: Yay! Congratulations to anyone who’s reading this! It’s my first fanfic. Disclaimer: I do not own the wonderful world of Harry Potter…If I did, do you really think I would be sitting here writing fanfiction?...Duh. Anyways Enjoy!
Chapter One – Hermione’s Arrival

It was three weeks into the summer holiday after the final battle. All the Death Eaters were being rounded up and put into Azkaban. Kingsley Shacklebolt was the new Minister for Magic and Minerva McGonagall was the new Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. School was to resume in just a few weeks, and for once, life would be normal for the magical community. The Wizarding world was at peace. All except for one tall, redheaded boy.

Ron Weasley had been pacing in the living room of the Burrow for the past hour, while Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley watched him with amusement, knowing smirks on their faces.

"Why so nervous, Ronald?" inquired the mischievous Fred Weasley, who had just come down into the living room.

"Is it maybe because a certain bushy-haired someone is coming to visit?" Fred's twin, George continued, whilst sliding down the banister into the living room.

"Shut-up, you two, I'm not nervous!" replied Ron angrily, his face turning a shade of red that could even rival his hair.

"Ron, you're wringing and rubbing your hands together so hard I think I can feel the heat coming from them," said Ginny, doing her best not to burst out laughing.

"And you've been pacing around the living room for the past hour," pointed out Harry, resettling his spectacles on his nose.

Everyone in the room (Ron being the only exception), was wearing a huge grin. They knew perfectly well why he was so nervous. Eyebrows furrowed, Ron opened his mouth to retort, but was cut off by the sound of a knock on the door. Instead of finding out what he had to say, the twins, Harry and Ginny laughed together as Ron let out a strangled yelp and jumped about a metre into the air.

Molly Weasley sauntered out from the kitchen to open the door. In walked the reason behind Ron's nervousness.

"Hermione!" Ginny ran to her friend, smothering her with hugs and smiles.

"Hi, Ginny! It's so nice to see you!"

"Hermione dear, how lovely it is to see you again! Are you hungry? We'll eat dinner just as soon as everyone gets home from work," said Mrs. Weasley, giving Hermione one of her signature motherly hugs.

"It's nice to see you too, Mrs. Weasley. I'm looking forward to dinner!" Hermione smiled.

Mrs. Weasley bustled off to continue making dinner, a reluctant Ginny following (or being dragged, rather) to help her.

"Harry, it's so nice to see you again!" Hermione said, grinning from ear to ear. She brought her black-haired friend into a tight embrace, eliciting a few jealous feelings from Ron.

The twins cleared their throats at the same time, announcing their turn to say hello to Hermione.

"Hi, Hermione-" said Fred.

"-nice to see you-"continued George.

"-again," finished Fred. The twins had the strange habit of completing each other's sentences.

"Oh hello, Fred, George," said Hermione, smiling and nodding to both of them. "How's the shop going?"

"Oh, business is-"

"-great!"

"By the way, Hermione, a certain young lad -"

"-by the name of Ronald -"

"-has been a nervous wreck -"

"-waiting for his fair lady to arrive." they finished in unison, bowing exaggeratedly.

Ron's cheeks and ears were a crimson colour by then, and he gave Fred and George a glare, promising himself that they'd pay for this later. But all thoughts of revenge were wiped from his mind when he heard Hermione squeal his name.

"Oh, Ron! I'm sorry, I almost forgot about you," said Hermione in an apologetic tone as she flung her arms around his neck and gave him a hug.

Suddenly, Ron wasn't the least bit mad at her for forgetting to greet him. He was exploding inside, an odd mix of emotions flooding him as he felt her body against his, her arms around his neck. Just the thought of her skin against his was thrilling. He wanted to keep her there forever, to bring her even closer. He wanted to kiss her with all the passion he'd bottled up for four years. He could feel the electricity running through his body. It was as though thousands of Snitches were fluttering inside him.

His mind had gone foggy, his vision suddenly blurred, and he couldn't think about anything except Hermione Granger: the way she smelt, looked, and most importantly, the way she felt in his arms. But before he had returned to his senses long enough to say or do anything, she had pulled away. She had already moved on and struck up a conversation with Harry. What they were talking about didn't matter. Ron was too distracted to join in on the conversation. He was smiling as if in a daze, far too happy to send a glare towards the sniggering and winking Fred and George. For Ronald Weasley, life was close to perfect. But he couldn't help but wonder if Hermione had felt the same. Had she experienced the electric sensations inside her body that had run through his? Had she felt the urge to kiss him like he had for her?

What Ron didn't know was that Hermione had felt exactly the same way. She was just better at hiding it.
Chapter Endnotes: A/N: Hooray! You finished reading chapter 1! I know it’s a bit slow and corny, but it’ll get better I promise! And Chapter 2 is on the way! In the meantime, leave a review and tell me what you think…please…pretty please…with cherries and sugar on top. :)