Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Torment Bred in the Race by paperrose

Printer
Summary: It's been twelve years since the Wizarding world saw Harry Potter after he mysteriously disappeared into the Forbidden Forest during the Final Battle in 1998. Now Lord Voldemort has conquered, extending his reach not just over Britain, but France, Germany, and Spain as well.

Meanwhile, hidden deep within the Canadian Rocky Mountains in British Columbia, a terrifying secret is brewing at the magic school that McGonagall herself founded just after the second battle for Hogwarts. It is at this school where Muggle-born Leah Andrews and her best friends, Gwen and Cory, will find themselves thrown into the search for the truth: What is a dead snake doing hung from a tree like a sacrificial lamb? Who really is the new DADA professor with the strange colour-changing eyes and bad mood swings? And just what does a gentle half-giant gamekeeper have to do with any of this?

One thing is for certain - all is definitely not well.

This is the sequel to Alternate Ending. I strongly recommend you read that one first, although I don't think it's necessary.

Excerpt from the Epilogue:

As he sidestepped them, he glanced down again at the wrinkled slip of parchment Charlie had handed him two days earlier with nothing more than a quiet word that there may still be one last loose end to tie.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Epilogue? What Epilogue?, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 14 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 52025 Viewcount: 57844
Published on: 06/14/09 Updated On: 07/28/10





1. The Journey Begins by paperrose [ - ] (3938 words)

2. The Sorting by paperrose [ - ] (3655 words)
In this chapter we find out who else may have survived the war and we also get a glimpse into the mind of another major player.


3. A Rough Start for Some by paperrose [ - ] (4107 words)
Classes are attended and a few secrets are revealed!


4. Flying and Fire by paperrose [ - ] (3457 words)

5. The Sword of Gryffindor by paperrose [ - ] (3509 words)
You: 'There's plot to this story, really?!?" Me: 'Yep. Amazing, isn't it?'

Anything you recognize belongs to J.K. Rowling. I'm just borrowing them for a while. See author's note at the end for an explanation after reading.


6. Eyes of the Past by paperrose [ - ] (4067 words)
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, I wish I did. It all belongs to the talented J.K. Rowling.


7. Christmas Cheer by paperrose [ - ] (3569 words)

8. The Tip of the Iceberg by paperrose [ - ] (3635 words)
So, this chapter is extremely dialogue-heavy, but I promise that the action is coming very, very soon.


9. The Gamekeeper's Tale by paperrose [ - ] (3859 words)

10. We Build Then We Break by paperrose [ - ] (4138 words)
Disclaimer: Everything you recognize does not belong to me; I'm just having fun. Chapter title named for the song by The Fray.

11. The Beginning of the End by paperrose [ - ] (4018 words)
I am so, so sorry for the huge delay! I don't even have a good excuse; school's been out for a month and I've had all the time in the world to write. But, here it is. Enjoy! The usual disclaimer stands, plus some text taken out of DH which doesn't belong to me.


12. In Fate's Hands by paperrose [ - ] (4493 words)
Two chapters in one month? It must be a record. Although to be fair, this one was the very first written after Alternate Ending and the rest of the story stemmed from it. I reworked it to fit in with previous chapters, so any continuity errors are just because I'm stupid :P


13. Aftermath by paperrose [ - ] (3841 words)

14. Epilogue by paperrose [ - ] (1739 words)