Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Snowflakes by The_Dream_Team

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hello, everyone! This chapter's a little short, but it's just a bit of filler fluff to keep you entertained! Enjoy!
"What are you doing, Evans?" asked Sirius, a confused expression on his face.

"I... he... it's not my..." Lily stammered. She was still a bit flustered from what had just happened. It's not every day a French boy kisses you in a fancy hotel on a ski resort.

"Do you even know that guy? You go around, snogging perfect strangers when James is right in front of you! Try him out for size, will you?" Sirius said, raising his voice.

Lily covered her face with her hands and took a deep breath. Of course that must have looked a bit...

"Seriously, Evans, what's wrong with James?" said Sirius, more quietly now.

Great. He had turned this little misunderstanding into a "why wont you date my best mate?" lecture. That's what she needed.

"There's nothing wrong with James!" Lily said, or more like shouted, to Sirius. She was blushing, but luckily the hallway lights were dim. The elevator doors opened again and Sirius shoved Lily in, followed her in, and pressed on the seventeenth floor. It looked like they were going to have a nice little elevator chat.

"Then why wont you give him a chance?"

Lily paused and thought over her answer. "Well, he's arrogant, he's a trouble maker, and he's a bully."

Sirius just snorted. "Like I haven't heard that before."

They started going up to the seventeenth floor, the highest floor, and Lily wondered how long this "chat" would be.

"Well, I'm sorry if I'm not creative enough for you, Mr. Black," she said and rolled her eyes jokingly at him.

"Hey," he said, "Mr. Black is my father. You can call me Sirius."

"All right, Sirius," she said.

"Now, would you mind telling me why you were exchanging saliva with that Frenchy arse?" he asked and Lily groaned.

"I'm not a slut, if that's what you're asking. I think you've known me long enough to know that I don't just snog any boy that smiles in my direction," she said.

"I didn't think so."

"It wasn't my fault," she told him, "Jim just... just... pounced!"

Sirius laughed a loud, bark-like laugh. "He pounced, did he? Git...."

She smiled at him and made to get out of the elevator when the door opened on the seventh floor, but a small lady was standing on the other side, trying to get in. Her eyes widened when she saw Sirius there, remembering him from somewhere.

"You're that pubescent whipper-snapper who knocked me on my backside that night at the buffet!" she squealed, shaking her finger at Sirius.

Lily giggled into her hands as she remembered the old woman falling to the ground, being the unlucky roadblock that separated Sirius from the food.

"My upmost apologies, ma'am," said Sirius with a smile, but the woman still didn't look very pleased. "Unfortunately for you, we aren't going to let you on the elevator. Why, you ask? Because your a little too crabby and my friend and I are trying to have a nice chat and we're afraid you would ruin it." He gave her another sweet smile before the door closed again, leaving her outside, looking confused.

"That was brilliant."

"I know, I'm a Marauder," said Sirius with a wink.

"What does that even mean? 'Oh, I'm a Marauder... I can say that every time someone compliments me,'" said Lily, trying her best to sound like Sirius.

"Was that your James impression? It's a bit shabby, you know. Could use a bit practice," laughed Sirius.

"That was you!" said Lily, taken aback. She gave him a joking glare and laughed as he arched his eyebrow.

"That is a bloody awful impersonation of me, Evans. You should be embarrassed."

"My upmost apologies," said Lily, mockingly.

"Seriously though," said Sirius, "What's wrong with James?"

Lily groaned. She couldn't just answer him. She couldn't admit out-loud that there was absolutely nothing wrong with James. She definitely couldn't tell Sirius that she sort of fancied him. She had worked too hard all these years to hate James. She had a reputation.

"You're awfully quiet, Evans. I would think you'd be yelling at me by now."

"It's just," Lily said, "I don't know."

"You don't know what's wrong with him? Well, there's nothing wrong with him, that's why! It's all in your head. You've built up this hatred towards him in first year and you can't let it go. Let it go, Lily! Let it go!"

It's just that... just that...." The doors opened on the seventeenth floor, so Lily quickly pressed on the sixth floor button to get back to her own floor.

"Just that what?" asked Sirius. "You afraid of ruining your reputation?"

It's like he could read minds.

Lily didn't say anything, she just let Sirius rant about how she shouldn't care about something as stupid as a reputation. Lily was relieved when the doors opened, but quickly realized this wasn't the right floor. A little red-faced lady was standing in the corridor and quickly made her way into the elevator before anyone could stop her.

Sirius smiled as sweetly as he had before at her, but she only returned his gesture with a glare worthy of Professor McGonagall. The last floor was ridden in silence and Lily quickly got out on the sixth level, leaving Sirius with the woman.

Lily quickly walked back to her room and snuck in without waking any of her friends. She jumped into bed and turned out the lights, fearing what tomorrow might bring and praying that Sirius wouldn't tell James what had happened between her and Jim. Why was Sirius even out in the corridors so late, anyway? Lily thought as she drifted off to sleep.
Chapter Endnotes: Thanks for reading! Did anyone even remember the little old lady from before? If not, feel free to re-read chapter 3: The Buffet. And, of course, reviews are much appreciated! I absolutely LOVE reading your feedback! Thanks! =D