Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

My Guardian Angel by gossipweaver

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This story explores the characters of Harry, Ginny, their special relationship together, and how both will become stronger as a result of the other.

It was Ginny's third year at Hogwarts and all she really wanted was to lead a normal life free of Harry Potter. But she still found herself struggling with the feelings she always had for him. She knew her feelings would never be reciprocated. Afterall, why would the great Harry Potter care about a little girl like her?

Harry's fourth year at Hogwarts had not been the same as before because he was beginning to feel like the third wheel within Ron and Hermione. Why couldn't he be like the other fourteen year olds, who seem so busy with families, friends and relationships, while all he could feel was the silence and emptiness inside his heart. How could he ever love a person when his life had been one that was full of loneliness and turmoil?

Chapter 1 Under the Mistletoe

Dear Diary,

'I was again at the Quidditch match today because Harry was playing. The weather was very nasty but as long as Harry is playing, I am going to be there. He doesn’t know I am there at all his matches and I don’t think he cares, but it doesn’t matter. It was cold and snowing but Quidditch is the only chance that I get to see him and not blush and that silly sort of thing. Sometimes I hate myself for blushing so easily, especially in front of him. I simply cannot control myself when I see those beautiful big green eyes of his. I never really thanked him properly for saving my life two years ago in that Chamber. Actually I haven’t even spoken to him that much at all. But how can I when I can’t even look at him without turning red all over, let alone carry an intelligent conversation with him? As if it is not embarrassing enough that I did all those stupid things in my first year here and he had to save me. Why would the great Harry Potter like a SILLY LITTLE GIRL LIKE ME? The last time our eyes met one another I was a mess and in tears it was horrible. Anyway, Harry caught the Snitch in time but in doing so he crashed into the boards. My heart and body were in so much pain when I saw him hurt. At that moment, I just wanted so bad to run to him, comfort him, and to hold him tight in my arms. But all I could do was to just stand there hiding behind the crowds of people and watch him from afar, not knowing how he was doing. Later today, I finally worked up the courage to ask Hermione, as casual as I can and trying hard not to blush, how he was. She told me he injured his right shoulder but he should be fine. He is staying at the hospital wing overnight. By the way, Gryffindor won the match against the Slytherins. He was so happy and proud you should have seen the smile and glow in his eyes despite the pain they light up the whole stadium. Everyone was cheering and calling his name. He is always so brave and strong out there, just like he was when he…'

“Ginny, are you asleep? Come and help us with the Christmas decorations,” Hermione said as she was knocking on the door.

Ginny quickly closed her diary and put it under her bed, next to a bunch of Christmas presents that she made for her brothers, Hermoine, and Harry. She pulled Harry’s present out from under her bed and examined the wrapping and the light blue ribbons that she carefully tied into a bow herself. As she was adjusting the bow once again, she thought, since Harry is at the hospital tonight, he will not be in the common room. ”Okay, give me a minute. I am coming.”

Ginny walked downstairs and saw a lot of colorful ornaments and decorations all over the floor. The ceiling was already decorated beautifully. She saw Hermione who was now putting a whole bunch of decorations on the wall while Ron was sitting at the fireplace, waving his wand at the ornaments.

“Hi Ron, Hermione, need any help?” Ginny said as she was walking down and smiling at them. She was impressed with what they have done with the place.

“Hey Ginny,” said Ron, Hermione, and…

Ginny froze immediately because she heard a third voice that was all too familiar to her. It was Harry’s. She couldn’t see him at first because he was sitting across from Ron at the fireplace. She could see his jet black hair from behind the sofa now. Her heart was beating loud and her face was becoming warm as she was staring at the sofa.

“Don’t go to bed that early. Come and join us. Ron is trying to get the ornaments to dance,” said Hermione.

Harry got up and turned to Ginny, “I’ll help too.”

Ginny immediately looked down, afraid of seeing Harry and having the others notice her blushing. She darted towards Hermione and started to smooth a banner on the floor. From the corner of her eye she could see Harry in a cast and Ron was now writing something on it. She felt good seeing Harry was okay in one piece.

“Are you sure it is a good idea to sneak out of the hospital with a bad shoulder like that?” asked Ron.

“I feel fine. I couldn’t sleep anyway so I thought I would come over here and help you guys with the decorations,” said Harry as he examined the picture of a spider that Ron had just drew.

“Aren’t you completely beat after a game like that?” asked Hermione.

“Ginny, why don’t you give Harry a hand and put up the bells over there?” Ron pointed to a bunch of bags next to the staircase.

Ginny could feel her cheeks warmer. Without answering and with her head still down, she walked towards the pile of boxes across the room.

Harry walked towards the staircase and tried to open the bag with his good arm,”These are cool. Where did you get them?”

“Last week at Hogsmeade. You were too busy with practice so we went ourselves,” said Ron as he noticed her sister still examining the boxes, “Ginny, why are you looking at the empty boxes? The bells are next to the staircase. Now go help Harry open the packages.”

Without saying anything, she walked toward the staircase with her head down. She kept her eye on the bag that Harry was holding. Harry handed it to her and then reached down to check out the other packages at the staircase.

”These are amazing. I have never seen anything like it before,” said Harry as he examined the contents.

“Mistletoe!” cried Hermione as she was looking at Harry and Ginny from across the room.

The three of them looked at her confused.

“Guys, you don’t know what a mistletoe is? Look, Ron. Harry and Ginny are standing under it. That means they have to give each other a kiss,” said Hermione,”Come on Harry, give Ginny a kiss.”

Ginny was in complete shock and was too afraid to look up to see if there was a mistletoe. She could feel her face turning very red and her heart was pounding in her ears as Harry moved closer to her. She had fantasized about kissing Harry a thousand times before and all those times she felt so naturally comfortable and loved. Now it was actually happening. She immediately closed her eyes when Harry held her chin and gently tilted her head up. Her body was shaking and she knew Harry could see how red she was. Perhaps he could hear her heart pounding but it didn’t matter. She reached her arm out and placed it around Harry’s waist and tightened her lips, ready to kiss him as his face inched closer.

This is the best moment of my life, she thought to herself, I am the luckiest girl…

Harry kissed her on the forehead.