Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

My Guardian Angel by gossipweaver

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: They are two different people from completely different backgrounds. The girl is the youngest only daughter in a very big loving family. Being her mother's baby girl, she is very protective of her and doesn't want her to grow up.
The boy is an only child that lost his parents when he was still a baby. Forced to grow up faster than he should, he has never experienced the feeling of love and being love all his life. Burdened by fame as a result of his lightning scar, all he wants is a normal life.
... and they find themselves under the mistletoe once again.
Chapter 13 Déjà Vu? (Conclusion)

The Christmas decorations in the Gryffindor common room still had not been taken down. It was very quiet as Harry found himself sitting by the fireplace alone, thinking about what happened this past week. As he looked across the room, his eyes caught the mistletoe hung just above the staircase, which made him think of Ginny. He slowly opened the map and gazed at Ginny’s name that was located at the hospital room. Ron and Hermione were also there. He recalled kissing her on her forehead that night when they were decorating the room. And on Christmas as they were about to kiss, he remembered what a jerk he was to run away and leave her standing alone. He pulled out the bloodstained blue cloth and was in deep thought.

“Harry, I thought I would find you here,” Dumbledore called out as he entered the room. “We were all wondering where you were.”

Harry was completely startled by Dumbledore’s voice and he abruptly closed his map.

“I am sorry, Professor,” Harry said sheepishly, quickly shoving the map and the blue cloth inside his pocket. Because his hands had been injured earlier, they were difficult to maneuver. “I just need a minute…to be by myself, to think about things…”

“Perhaps I should stay with you and keep you company. Ask me anything you want,” Dumbledore said, trying to hide his smile as he saw Harry still struggling to shove the map inside his pocket. He slowly walked to the fireplace to pretend he didn’t notice the map.

“It’s…it’s complicated. I am just very confused with myself,” Harry muttered shyly and his face started to blush. “So many things have happened…I can’t make sense of it all…”

“And how can you not? You have had a very complicated life so far. To be so young and yet be burdened with so much.”

Dumbledore slowly looked around the common room, admiring the Christmas decorations. Then his eyes suddenly focused deeply at the entrance of the common room. His gaze shifted gradually towards the staircase, as if he was following something.

After a long pause as he was still staring at the staircase, Dumbledore asked, “It’s Ginny. Isn’t it?”

“I blame myself for what happened to her. If it weren’t for me, this wouldn’t have happened to her.”

“You can’t blame yourself for everything that has happened,” Dumbledore replied, slowly turning his eyes back to Harry again.

Harry got up from his chair, walked over to the Christmas tree and said solemnly, “If I hadn’t existed, she would have had a normal student life at Hogwarts like everyone else. She deserves a normal life. Instead, she was abducted by Voldemort and almost died in her first year. And now this! I almost lost her! I love her so much and I don’t want to see her get hurt. I am bad for her, Professor.”

There was another long silent pause as Harry fiddled with the Christmas ornaments.

“Do you blame me for what has happened to you? Your parents’ death…Peter Pettigrew… Sirius…” Dumbledore asked softly as he walked closer to Harry, who was standing by the tree. “If it had not been for me telling Pettigrew about the whereabouts of your parents…”

Harry was stunned by Dumbledore’s question. He turned to him and looked at him with a blank face.

“No. Of course not, Professor,” Harry stuttered shyly. “Professor, you mean everything to me. You are my source of strength and courage through all this. You brought me to Hogwarts and did everything for me. You stood up for me. You gave me everything that I have now. Everything that I have gained and learned, it’s because of you.”

“That’s exactly what Ginny would say to you,” Dumbledore held Harry proudly.

“I don’t understand, Professor,” Harry muttered as he looked up at Dumbledore with his sparkling green eyes.

“Instead of focusing on the bad things in life, why not spend your time focusing on the good things in life? You see, when you think of me, you remember the good things as a result of my being in your life instead of blaming me for what has happened to you. Yes, you can argue that because of you, Ginny’s life was in danger a couple of times, so you would do her good to stay away from her. But have you thought of the possibility that it would be even better for her if you were a part of her life?”

Harry’s face went blank as he listened attentively to Dumbledore.

Dumbledore continued, “Instead of focusing on you putting her life in danger when you are with her, why not think of all those good things that you can give her when you are with her? And if you feel guilty about putting her life in danger, wouldn’t that give you more reasons to treat her as best as you can?”

Harry stood there motionless and did not know what to say.

“Remember what you said to her by her bedside? I’ll bet she will really enjoy doing those things with you,” Dumbledore smiled as he patted Harry’s shoulder. “Even if it makes her life a little more dangerous.”

“Why can’t you let me decide what is good or bad for me?” A voice came from the staircase that sounded like Ginny.

Ginny suddenly emerged from under the invisibility cloak that Ron and Hermione were hoisting.

“Ginny? Shouldn’t you be at the hospital?” Harry asked, walking towards her. He noticed she had regained her color and strength, looking as pretty as he could remember.

“She said she feels all better. She wants to talk to you but Madam Pomfrey won’t let her out. So we sneaked her out with your cloak,” Hermione replied meekly, quickly glancing at Dumbledore. “But then we didn’t realize that…”

“That I am here,” Dumbledore interrupted with a grin.

“You saw us coming in?” Ron asked timidly.

Dumbledore nodded.

“How long have you guys been in here?” Harry asked hesitantly, his face completely blushed.

“They arrived shortly after I came,” Dumbledore smiled. “I guess they heard everything.”

Harry wanted to dig a hole and hide, but he knew he had to stay strong.

“I want to give these back to you, “Ginny said to Harry, handing him the snow white doves.

“Thanks, Ginny,“ Harry said softly as he took the doves and then held Ginny’s hands toward him, pulling her closer. He didn’t know what to say, but he knew he had to do something. Meanwhile, he noticed that Ginny was examining his injured hands very closely and a look of pain appeared on her face. His stomach was churning and his heart was pounding very fast at this moment. There was a long pause in the room as Ron, Hermione, and Dumbledore watched them eagerly.

“Well, I have work to do. I have to tell Minerva to resume the New Year’s celebrations,” Dumbledore beamed as he walked out. “I won’t tell Madam Pomfrey about Ginny. Don’t worry, Hermione.”

On his way out, Dumbledore winked at Ron and Hermione to signal them to leave with him.

“I think they need some privacy,” Ron giggled to Hermione as he hoisted the cloak.

“I hope three times is a charm,” Hermione whispered to Ron underneath the cloak, pointing at the mistletoe.

Feeling slightly more at ease with seemingly no one in the room now, Harry instinctively pulled Ginny even closer to him that they were inches away from each other. He could feel her red hair and warm cheeks. But he still didn’t know what to say and do; his mind was as confused as ever.

“You said you’ll take me for a ride with your Firebolt?” Ginny asked him softly as she gazed into his green eyes.

Harry didn’t reply. His face was redder than ever from embarrassment.

“Don’t forget the picnic under the stars…” a voice that sounded like Ron whispered.

“Shhh……”

“But he promised my sister…”

“Ron, SHUT UP!” Hermione shrieked.

Harry looked to his side and saw what appeared to be Hermione’s long hair floating in mid-air as she was struggling with Ron underneath the cloak. It turned out they were currently hovering right next to them.

“Sorry, Harry. Continue with what you were doing. Never mind us. We are on our way out with Dumbledore. That’s all,” Hermione said hesitantly from underneath the cloak.

Harry wasn’t sure if Ron and Hermione were still nearby. He kept looking to his side and waited for a few moments in order to make sure they had really left. Then he turned back to Ginny and gazed at her.

“I heard everything that you said to me,” Ginny whispered eagerly with a cheer. “A promise is a promise.”

“I…I…” Harry was breathing very deeply. He was lost for words.

Both were gazing at each other, his green eyes against her brown eyes, and they felt like they were alone in the entire world.

“I love you, Ginny Weasley,” Harry whispered as he finally regained some of his composure.

Ginny smiled sweetly, “I love you too, Harry Potter.”

He gently tilted her head. Then he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist. Ginny gradually closed her eyes and placed her arms around him. She remained in this position for what seemed like eternity.

“COME ON! JUST KISS HER, YOU BLOODY FOOL!” Ron suddenly screamed as he stuck his arm out from underneath the cloak and pushed Harry’s head towards Ginny.

With Ron’s unexpected assistance, their lips finally landed on each other. There were sounds of giggles and laughter in the background. But Harry wasn’t going to let go, not this time. He held on to Ginny with all his heart and kissed her deeply as they were standing by the staircase under the mistletoe.

The End.





A/N: Thank you for taking the time to read my story. This is my first ever fanfiction so I hope I did okay. I hope the ending lived up to expectations.

Please check out the very controversial sequel, "When I See Only You," my favorite of the three stories in the series. Understand the lengths that a person will go in the pursuit of true love to combat loneliness. In the end though, will her reckless actions ultimately invite her into the realm of true love, and become one of the lucky chosen few?