Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Sub Rosa by DracoGurlFurever

Printer
Summary: When Draco Malfoy reads an article in The Cavendish Examiner about a sighting of a Nundu for the first time in years, he has no idea where the journey will finally lead him.
I am Apurva/DracoGurlFurever of Gryffindor House, and this is my submission for Round 8 of the Gauntlet.

EDIT: This won First Place in the Gauntlet! Thank you so much to everyone!


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Gauntlet Submissions
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Book 7 Disregarded, Character Death, Mild Profanity
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 5992 Viewcount: 1759
Published on: 01/24/10 Updated On: 01/28/10



Story Notes: My Gauntlet Guide, luinrina/Bine, was literally the best I could've asked for. Thank you SO much for putting up with me and my incessant PMs and questions! *squishes* This wouldn't have been the same without you.

Thank you so much to my beta, Nikki - your work on this fic helped it flow much better. Thanks for always letting me know what was off with the story. Mucho hugs!


1. Gauntlet Submission by DracoGurlFurever [ - ] (5992 words)
The term Knights of Walpurgis comes from a JK Rowling interview in which she stated that that had been the original working name for the Death Eaters.

Spelltropy is a condition taken from the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. The “Sleeping Beauty sickness” is one that I encountered while reading “The Sleeping Beauty Ward” by MorganRay, really a quite enchanting story.

Auror Proudfoot, referred to at the end, is actually a canon character! He was mentioned in passing in the 8th chapter “ Snape Victorious “ of Half-Blood Prince as being stationed at Hogwarts along with Tonks, Dawlish, and Savage, according to HP Lexicon. There was no first name given, so I made up the name “Blair.”

***