Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Noteworthy by Doctor Moo

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes:

I would like to re-thank my beta, TwilightHPgirl18.

I would like to point out to the moderator that checks this that this chapter is exactly the same as the one that was on my old account, so hopefully, this should get through quickly. The same goes for chapters 2, 3, and 4.

James woke up with a start. He glanced at his grandfather clock that he had gotten from Remus for his birthday. Damn, he thought, late again. He jumped out of bed and threw his robes on. He grabbed some cheese from his refrigerator and flew down out of the Heads' dormitory and was able to slide into Charms class just before the bell rang. As he approached Lily, she drew her wand menacingly and James scurried away quickly. He sat down next Remus, the best candidate to copy answers from, as Flitwick began the lesson.

‘Welcome class! Today we shall learn the Splintering Charm, a rather difficult charm, but I’m sure after a tad of practice, you will all succeed.  The incantation is Sumiseri, are there any volunteers?’

Lily’s hand shot up, but James was already standing next to Flitwick by the time it was in the air.
He picked up and plank of wood and levitated it. Then he swished his wand and said ‘Sumiseri!’, cracking the wood in half.

‘Excellent, excellent!’ Flitwick applauded, ‘15 points to Gryffindor! Now, pair up everyone, and get to work!’

James paired up with Remus, and finished his pile of wood in a short few minutes.  As usual, Sirius began to send countless notes to James, most of which he ignored. James was currently preoccupied with his favourite activity(not that one!), wooing Lily Evans. However, just as he was making headway on blocking Sirius out of his world completely, a note came flying in front of him, hitting him in the nose before falling to the desk. After shooting a glare at a smirking Sirius, James opened it.

James! Come on, she is just another girl! Let‘s ditch this class and go fill the Great Hall with Dungbombs - Padfoot

Out of the corner of  his eye, James saw Sirius sneak out of the room with Peter, a large bag of Dungbombs in his hand. James, as always, was too busy trying to get Lily's attention.

Lily was paying attention to the professor (really, it was an interesting lesson!), who was further explaining the origin of the spell, when a piece of parchment landed in front of her. Scowling, she read,

Hey, Lils. You look bored. How about after class we go to a little place called the broom closet down the hall? - James

Lily frowned, and scribbled back,

James,
For your own good, bug off! I'm not interested in your closet triumphs. Git!


------

The next day, Potions went over much the same as Charms. The Marauders were, as usual, wreaking havoc. James, staying true to form, was completely ignoring Professor Slughorn and making a potion of his own creation that likely did not work in the least, although did cause some rather bad smelling fumes. Peter, James' number one test subject, after drinking said potion, turned blue and was rushed to the Hospital Wing due to a lack of response when James asked how it tasted.

'Potter, detention! Now pay attention! The Amormentia potion is very important for your N.E.W.T.s!' Slughorn snarled.

While Lily should have expected it, considering Charms the previous day and all, she was still surprised when a slip of parchment landed in front of her. She opened it and grimaced; she's recognize that messy scrawl anywhere.

Hey, Lily! Are you a Seer? You predicted just yesterday that your beautiful looks would get me in trouble. Anyway, can we study after class? I have not even started that vampire essay! Besides, it is your fault I am too distracted during class! - Your gremlin, James

Her patience running low, Lily responded,

Okay, James. How do I say this? No! For the last time, No! We will never be anything! You want to study? Yeah, right... Wouldn't you prefer to drop some Dungbombs?

Lily, I am serious. Not Sirius serious, but serious nonetheless. I really do like you and I really need to do that essay. What is that Muggle saying? 'Don't judge a book by its buttocks'? No, that cannot be it. Is it? Well, I do have an ugly butt.
Your sexy hubby, James


As Lily read the note, James noticed a blush, a smile, and a stifled giggle (not necessarily in that order). She then scribbled a note and tapped it; it appeared on James's table.

Fine, James, I will help you with that essay. But no screwing around! You have one chance. Do not blow it!  - Lily

Nonsense, Evans. Why would I blow it? I only want to blow you...Er...you to help me with my essay.- Your munchy crunchy, James


Don't push it, Potter!

James smiled to himself. Victory!


------


Lily met James outside of the library later in the afternoon. James offered to carry her bag for her and Lily reluctantly handed it over. She did not have to ask why he was late, mostly because his grin said it all. But she asked him anyways, trying to make some conversation.

'Dungbombs?' she asked, knowingly.

'Better! I farted on a first-year's head!' James answered, grinning ear to ear.

'You're so immature, Potter. Its driving me nuts!‘

‘For some ‘nuts’?’ James asked slyly.

‘Potter!’ she yelled.

‘Sorry, Lily. Come, let's do it.'

'Excuse me?' Lily exclaimed.

'The essay, let's do the essay. But if you want to do 'it' later, then it's fine by me.' James shrugged.

Grinning his lop-sided grin, he followed after Lily as she went into the library, a place of unexplored mystery, as James had never been there before. Ever, ever before.

 

They found a table and sat down. As James pulled out his books, Madam Pince passed by and stared at him viciously.

 

'Have you ever been here before?' Lily asked after the librarian had drifted away to deal with some rowdy third years.

 

'Can't say that I have,' James piped up, opening his book and uncorking a bottle of ink.

 

They settled down and began to work. Never before had learning been so fun for James. Lily showed him dozens of little tricks to remember things and even make them interesting. James almost jumped up out of surprise when Lily's hand brushed his and rested there for a moment. After dealing with the aforementioned third years, Madam Pince walked up and asked for Lily.

 

'One second, James,' she said and walked over to Pince's desk.

 

'Here it is Lily. It just arrived.' Pince said, handing Lily a book entitled A Advanced Guide to Household Charms by Sper Herrind.

 

'Wow, thanks Irma,' Lily whispered.

 

'That's a handsome young man you've got there. Do not expect it to last. His kind only wants some bedroom action,' Irma said warningly.

 

'No, I think he is different,' Lily replied.

 

As Lily walked back to James, she gazed at him. Okay, he is rather handsome, she thought. Tall, muscular, deep hazel eyes and jet black hair.

 

Oh, sod that, he is damn sexy, something in her head said.

 

'Um, Evans? Are you staring? That's not very... Lily-ish,' James said, standing up.

 

'Shut up!' She giggled.

 

'Flirting, then?' James asked, smirking.

 

Together, they left the library, and as they reached the steps, Snape stepped out of the shadows.

 

‘Oh, Potter, I see you’ve got a Mudblood!’ He said snidely.

 

Turketentatio!’ James roared, sending a hoard of angry turkeys at Snape, pecking, scratching, and biting him. 'Don't ever call her that you, filthy little bastard!' James snarled.

 

'James, forget it. It doesn't matter what the slimeball says,' Lily said calmly, as Snape fell under the wave of ferocious poultries.

 

 'Bye, James.' Lily said after she undid the curse on Snape and gave James a peck on his cheek.

 

James jumped up and stared as Lily just blushed. As she passed by Snape, she kicked him in the crotch and then ran off.

 

'That girl has definitely got spunk!' Sirius said, climbing out of a broom closet. Robin Potter, James' cousin followed, and waved at James. James frowned, but decided that if it had to be someone, it best be Sirius.

 

'Oh, hi Snivellus!' he said.

 

He swung his wand which 'accidentally' sent Snape bashing against the wall.

 

'Hey, what's in here?' he asked, poking his head into the library.

 

'Hello?' he yelled, swinging his head around.

 

A flash of green light whizzed past his head, narrowly missing it. His eyes flashed around in danger.

 

'Run! Crazy witch with a wand!' he yelled, running away at full speed.

 

James just stood there, dazed.

 

Within seconds, Pince came bounding out of the library.

 

'Where is he? Nobody yells in my library and lives to tell the tale!' she demanded. 'Oh, its you. Listen boy, you better not hurt Lily. Merlin knows she has enough with You-Know-Who killing her parents. You hurt her, boy, and I'll destroy you!' She said dangerously. She then ran after Sirius, flinging curses at him.

 

‘Hey James,’ Robin said, stepping carefully on Snape’s hands, causing him to scream in pain.

 

‘You do know, that I don’t approve of what you and Sirius are doing every other minute,’ James said.

 

‘I don’t know what your talking about, James. Sirius and I were just doing some homework,’ Robin replied slyly.

 

‘There is a long list of reasons why I do not believe that, but I will not bore you with it,’ James said, yawning.

 

‘Sure, James, Whatever makes you feel better about not being able to get a girlfriend,’ Robin muttered as she walked past him.

Chapter Endnotes: Please Review.