Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Noteworthy by Doctor Moo

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I thank my Beta, TwilightHPgirl18.

'Okay, James, just sign here,' Lily said, handing James a quill.

'Wait just one minute, Miss Evans! What exactly is my client signing?' Sirius asked, wearing his ‘lawyer’ suit.

'Sirius, get out. Now!' Lily growled dangerously.

'Lily, he isn't going to leave. Just let him read it. I guess I did sign some form that made him my attorney last year,' James whispered in Lily's ear.

'Fine, here, Sirius. Have a look.' Lily sighed, handing Sirius the parchment.

Sirius grabbed it and set it on fire.

'I refuse to let my client sign this, so I burned it!' Sirius exclaimed.

Lily sighed and drew her wand. Sirius caught sight of it and fled from the room like a scared dog.

'James, I made a copy. Here. Read it and sign it. Remus, Peter and Robin will be witnesses,' Lily said, handing James the copy.

James read:

This document will serve as a legal agreement between these two of-age persons: James Edward Potter, henceforth known as Party A, and Lily Jane Evans, henceforth known as Party B.

Upon the start of the relationship, henceforth known as Party C, these two persons will agree on these terms:

Party A will do the following:

1. Party A shall not pass more then three (3) notes to Party B per day. These notes may not contain any explicit or embarrassing content that, if intercepted, will cause any embarrassment to either party. If Party A does not comply, then Party C will be terminated.

2. Party A will show the proper amount of affection to Party B, but not so far as to annoy Party B.

3. Snogging will be acceptable, although if Party A attempts to snog during classes or meals without Party B's consent, Party C will be terminated.

3. Party A will put his N.E.W.T.s before his duties as Head Boy and Marauder, although not before his duties as boyfriend.


The list went on for another sixteen pages. After reading, James signed at the blanks and was rewarded with a kiss from Lily.

'Now, if you don't mind, James has to study,' Lily said, and Peter and Remus trudged out of the room, grumbling.

'I can't believe someone is finally able to control James! I sent an owl to Aunt Eliza and she cannot believe it either!' Robin muttered, patting James on the head as she left.

'Lily, do I really have to study? I had some awesome pranks planned today!' James asked timidly.

'Well, I won't make you study, but you're not leaving the room for at least an hour.' Lily smiled, rested her head on James' shoulder.

James smiled and twirled around, catching Lily at her hips. He pressed his lips against her soft lips, and whispered, 'How about two?'

Lily giggled and kissed him softly.

'I see no problem with that,' she said as she lay back on the couch. 'I could do with a foot rub.'

James groaned and said, 'I meant snogging!'

'Maybe later, after you massage my feet and do your homework.' Lily grinned.

Deciding that resistance was futile, James plopped down beside the couch and proceeded to rub Lily's feet.

Meanwhile, just outside the window, Sirius was selling tickets to fellow Gryffindors who were floating alongside him on their respective broomsticks. They were all enjoying the show as Sirius floated down the rows, collecting ticket money.

'Hey Peakes! You didn't pay yet!' Sirius growled. 'Pay up, or I'll try my nasty new hex on you. It hasn't been tested yet, so Merlin knows what will happen to you!'

Peakes squeaked in terror and fished three golden Galleons out of his pocket. He tossed them to Sirius, who caught them and proceeded to inspect tickets.

Once he finished, he whispered deviously to himself, 'Soon, oh very soon, you will be mine, Harley Davidson. Once you are mine, then no girl will be able to resist me.' He thought for a moment and then added, 'Oh wait, they can't resist me now anyway.'

-----------


It had been three weeks since Lily and James had started dating, and Lily had already received several death threats from insane fan girls. James informed Lily that they had no chance from the start.

Sirius had convinced James to be his psychiatrist, and James was wondering what he had gotten himself into as he listened to his best mate's problems. He had already decided that if he could distract Sirius for seven seconds, he could jump out the window and fall blissfully to his death, until it occurred to him that Lily would find his dead spirit and kill it again if he did. Therefore, after much thought, he decided he could survive a few more minutes with his insane client.

'I just can't last any longer. It has been three weeks and Robin is threatening to add another month without sex. I simply cannot go on like this. It is wrong for a handsome heartthrob like me to suffer like this. If I do it with anyone else, she will break up with me. What can I do?' Sirius inquired.

'Well, firstly, this is my cousin so I'm not so comfortable with talking about this. You were punished for ignoring what Robin said about simply not walking in on people. Maybe if you were to demonstrate that you do have manners then she will reduce the length of your punishment. Perhaps you should get her a new broom too,' James advised.

Sirius jumped up. 'That is pure genius, that is. Thanks, Prongsie!' he yelled before he ran out of the room, giggling madly to himself.

Robin emerged from a darkened corner. 'Maybe that will talk some sense into him. Thanks, James.'

'Anything for my cousin,' he replied.

As she left, Lily walked in. As she plopped down on the couch, James noticed that she looked rather gloomy. Before he could ask if anything was wrong, Robin was talking to Lily in some strange code.

'Are you-?'

'Yes. Two-'

'Oh, Merlin! Are you going to-?'

'Soon. I haven't decided when-'

'Are you okay-?'

'I think so-’

'Should I make the-?'

'Only if you-'

'I will.' Robin stood up, gave Lily a hug and ran out.

James was at a loss for words.

'What? Who? What?' James stuttered. 'What are you? Whom are you telling what? What is Robin making for you?'

'I'll tell you later.' She kissed him on his chin. 'Can you make me some sushi?' she asked.

'But you don't like sushi. I mean, I'll make it, but you said-'

'Are you going to make the damn sushi, or just freaking complain!' she yelled.

'Fine. No need to yell.'

James went into the kitchen connected to the common room and with a flick of his wand, the rice, fish, seaweed, and vegetables needed to make the sushi flew out of the refrigerator. With another flick, they mixed and formed several delicious looking rolls.

'I didn't know which one you wanted so I made a few different-' he stopped. Lily was crying.

'Lily, is something wrong?'

'I'm sorry for yelling at you.' She sobbed. 'I understand if you want to go.'

'Go where, Lily? What are you talking about?'

'Just leave me alone, you jerk!' she yelled.

'Lily, what's happened? Something bad?'

'Yes... I mean no. I'm not sure. I'm not ready for this.'

'Lily, it sounds like whatever is bothering you can be cured with a hug,' James said, hugging Lily.

'James, after the party, we need to talk.'

-------------------------------

'Surprise!' Everyone yelled as Tori walked into the room.

'Wow!' she shrieked. 'Thanks, guys.'

'Happy Birthday!' Lupin said happily, kissing her on her cheek.

About fifty people were in the seventh-years' common room. The noise was concealed by a wonderfully performed charm that Lily had cast. House-elves drifted around, serving food on yellow platters with pictures of Tori on them. Music was blasting out of a Muggle invention called a radio, specially designed to work at Hogwarts.

People were dancing, which now and then resulted in a house-elf being crushed by the swinging feet. Another Muggle invention called the disco ball was swinging around on the ceiling, making sparkling light all around the room. Posters of Tori had been put up and the walls had been charmed to change a picture every few minutes.

For James, the night was a strange one. First, Robin had given Lily a bubbly white drink that shone after Lily spat it out. Then, every time some one came up to Lily, the conversation went along the lines of:

'Lily, are you-?' the person asked.

'Yes,' Lily replied.

'Did someone make the-?'

'Yes.'

'Okay...' The person would then hug her.

The two strangest were Sirius and Dumbledore. Sirius had simply asked the two questions and then hugged Lily, which was strange because Sirius was, well, Sirius. Dumbledore, on the other hand, inquired further.

'Ms. Evans, are you-?'

'Yes, Professor.'

'Did someone make the-?'

'Yes.'

'Did you tell him?'

'Soon.'

'If you want, I can give you a-'

'No. I think I want it.'

'I understand. Shall I inform the staff of your condition?'

'Yes. Thank you.'

Then he hugged her.

Suddenly, James felt someone pulling him. He turned around and saw Sirius. He followed him into his room.

'What the hell is wrong with you?' Sirius demanded.

'I'm sorry, Sirius. What the hell is wrong with me? How come everyone knows what is happening to Lily and I don't? I'm her boyfriend!' James let out, frustrated.

'You really don't know?' Sirius asked.

James nodded.

'Merlin! You're a Marauder. You are trained to notice strange things. How about the signs? Cravings for food that she hates, mood swings, drowsiness?’ Sirius said.

'I don't know. PMS?' James shrugged.

'God, James. Lily is-'

'Sirius! Bedroom! Now!' Robin said, cutting Sirius off.

Sirius smiled and said, 'James, could we use the room?' He gave James a puppy dog face.

'Fine. But nothing nasty! She’s only seventeen! And don’t do it on my bed or I’ll tell Robin about your collection of Play-Wizard Magazines!' James said and left the room, locking the door.

'James, we have to talk. Come,' Lily said, pulling James into her room.

'Girls, could you go out for a few minutes. James and I need to talk.'

The pack of girls had been holding the monthly Star Catcher meeting. As they left, one of the girls asked Lily, 'Are you going to-?'

'Yes.'

Once they left, James asked Lily, 'What the hell is going on?'

Lily took his hand. 'James, this will be a shock. You're going to be a father,' she said.

'What?' James sputtered.

'I'm pregnant,' she said simply.

James stared at her. Then he fainted.
Chapter Endnotes: Please Review.