Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Noteworthy by Doctor Moo

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: The song belongs to Kelly Clarkson and the damn WMO. Many thanks to my beta, TwilightHPgirl18. review!!!
James scrambled to his feet. He could not believe he had just fainted.

'But we never had sex. Wait, is it my baby or someone else's?' James asked suspiciously.

'Are you calling me a slut?' Lily demanded.

'Merlin, no, Lily. It's just, it doesn't make sense how you are pregnant!' James exclaimed.

'I'm sorry, James. I know you don't want a baby yet. You have a whole career planned out. It’s terrible that I did this to you,' Lily said, sobbing.

'First, Lily, I had a part in this. Second, this isn't terrible. It’s wonderful. Maybe I didn't want one so early, but it’s still wonderful. If you don't want it, you don't have to have it,' James said holding Lily in his arms.

'I already told Dumbledore that I want to keep it.'

'So, what are we going to name him?'

'Him? How do you know it’s not a girl?

'Well, whatever it is, what will you name it?'

'If it’s a boy, then Harry.'

'If it’s a girl?'

'James Jr.'

'Hey!' James yelped.

Lily stepped closer and planted a kiss on James' lips.

'What say you to a little snogging session?' Lily asked seductively.

'You’re so sexy when you’re trying to seduce me, Lily,' James said, falling onto Lily's bed.

------

The next morning, Lily woke James up early, due to the Hogwarts Express's early departure time. The entire group, minus Peter who was preoccupied with saying good-bye to Selena, walked down to the train. After settling down in there compartment, the two Heads patrolled the train for an hour, before retiring to their compartment.

'Lily, wow, that's a big baby bump,' Sirius remarked.

'What bump? It's far too early for a bump,' Lily said confusedly.

'I meant that she's eating too much,' Sirius whispered in Robin's ear, which earned him a punch in the unspeakable.

'I heard that, Black!' Lily warned.

‘Robin, please! Never, ever, and I mean ever, should you punch a guy in his baby-makers. Ever!’ Sirius cried, holding back tears of pain.

As James entered the room, Sirius jumped up.

'Sirius, are you ready?' James asked.

'Sure, Prongsie. Lily, Robin. Prongs and I have composed a song for you.'

The two stood up and began to sing, 'we know that we got issues, but your pretty messed up too.'

'Hey!' Lily and Robin yelled in unison.

Sirius and James apologized and continued, 'Either way we found out, we're nothing without you. Because we belong together now, yeah. Forever united here somehow, yeah. You've got a piece of us, and honestly our lives would suck without you.'

'How sweet,' Lily said, kissing James softly on the nose.

‘Who did you steal the lyrics from?’ Robin inquired.

‘Trelawney made another one of her bogus prophecies. Something about a girl named Kelly singing it in about forty years and making a lot of cash from it,’ Sirius answered, whispering something naughty in Robin’s ear.

‘Sirius! Cousin/best mate in the room, do you mind?’ James exclaimed.

‘Sorry, James. Forgot.’

BOOM!

'What was that?' Lily whispered, her voice filled with fear.

James and Sirius drew their wands and James said, 'Death Eaters, no doubt. Those damn Slytherins!'

Lupin, Tori and Robin all drew their wands and jumped up, but as Lily tried to, James whispered, 'Lily, no. Think of the baby!'

'Fine, but, James?' Lily said.

'Yes, dear?' James asked.

'Be careful,'

'I will,' James said, sealing the compartment shut so Lily couldn't get out or vice-versa for the Death Eaters. Robin and Tori went down to the back of the train, while Lupin, Sirius and James ran forward to the front.

'Praemium Calx!' Sirius bellowed.

A volley of small boulders poured out of his wand, and as they hit the two masked Death Eaters, they exploded, sending them flying backwards.

'Remus, get to the conductor! Sirius and I will take out the other Slytherins,' James bellowed as his curse sent a Death Eater toppling.  

'Confringo!' Sirius's cousin, Bellatrix Black shrieked, narrowly missing James, and blasting a hole in the side of the train.

'Vasrumpus!' Sirius barked, sending sheets of broken glass at Bellatrix. They hit her and with a shriek, she fell to the floor.

'Sumiseri!'
James yelled, causing the wooden door frame to crack and send the wood crashing down on her.

'Such a basic spell, yet so useful,' Sirius noted.

'Silicus Firmus! Exurorgen! Vomica!'
James bellowed, taking down three Death Eaters.

'Sirius, get down!' A voice yelled.

Acting on instinct, Sirius ducked and narrowly avoided a Killing Curse. He turned to see who the voice belonged, and was surprised to see his brother, Regulus.

'Stupefy!' Regulus yelled, hitting the last Death Eater squarely in the chest.

Sirius jumped up, his wand pointed at Regulus. Suddenly, Regulus fell to the ground. Standing behind him was Bellatrix, laughing manically.

'Vomica!' Sirius yelled.

Bellatrix fell to the floor, screaming in pain. A swirl of black smoke appeared, spinning rapidly. Slowly, it cleared up, to reveal Lord Voldemort, in all of his great evilness.

'You have failed me, Bellatrix,' Voldemort said slow and coldly.

'Voldemort!' James exclaimed.

'Do not fret, young James Potter. I do not enjoy killing pure-bloods, even blood-traitors such as yourself. I would like you to join my cause. Your friend Sirius, too. Why then, I would have collected the entire Black family,' Voldemort said calmly.

Before James could respond, a bright white light appeared. James recognized it as Dumbledore’s Patronus. Voldemort gasped as the Patronus transformed into Albus Dumbledore.

'Tom, why have you come?' Dumbledore said calmly.

'Dumbledore!' Voldemort hissed.

'Stupefy!' James and Sirius yelled simultaneously.  

Voldemort deflected the spells, and in a flash of bright light, he and the injured Death Eaters were gone.

Dumbledore flicked his wand, and Regulus' wounds were wrapped in bandages.

'Sirius, James, gather up your little gang, if I may call it that, and Apparate to Potter Manor. Oh, and take Regulus, Lily can care for him. I will come by sometime during the holidays to discuss matters with you,' Dumbledore said, and with that, he was gone.

With Regulus' body floating behind them, Sirius and James made their way through the chaos to their compartment. Robin was kneeling over on the floor, bleeding badly, while Lily stood over her, muttering a healing charm. Once Lupin arrived, with a bloody nose and torn robes, they Disapparated to the garden at Potter Manor.

'James, look!' Lily shrieked.

James looked up and, to his horror; he saw the Dark Mark floating above the house.

'Wait here! Sirius, Remus, come!' James ordered, his entire body shaking in fright of what he knew he would soon see.

'No, we stay together!' Lily exclaimed.

'Fine,' James said, deciding that there was no time to argue. 'But stay together. Shoot first, ask questions later!'

'Aww, my favourite policy,' Sirius said wickedly.

Together, the five teenagers, with Regulus floating behind them, entered the Manor. As they entered James' father's study, they saw two bodies, with a pool of blood surrounding them.

'Mum, Dad,' James whispered.

'We have to a finish our search, James,' Sirius said quietly.

'There is no need for that, Black! I'm right here!' Snape hissed, appearing in the doorway.

'Snape!' James bellowed.

'Oh, this mess over here,’ Snape motioned with his wrists. ‘That wasn’t me. It was your friend here, Pettigrew,’ Snape said, standing aside to reveal Peter.

Then, several things happened at once. First, a blast of purple light hit Lily, sending her to the floor, bleeding. The second thing that happened was that a frying pan went flying through the air. Then a flash of silver light hit Sirius in the chest. Lastly, Snape Disapparated right before the frying pan could hit him. Peter chucked a book at James before Disapparating.

Ulai, the youngest of the Potter house elves, stepped into the room and said, 'Master James, Miss Robin, welcome home.’

Robin helped Sirius get to his feet, blood pouring from his entire body, while Lily had some major cuts on her upper torso. Together they Apparated to the hospital, which then, Lily and Sirius were rushed to emergency rooms.

'She'll be fine,' Robin said, hugging James.

'I know,' James replied. 'It's the baby I'm worried about.'