Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Crashing Down Around Them by ravenclaw1997

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

This is my first story, contrary to popular belief from The Christmas Caller. I actually wrote this one first. It should end up being pretty long, and I pinky swear not to abandon it. It just might take a while to be updated sometimes.
Chapter Notes: Well, here's the prologue! Thanks to hogwartsbookworm for beta'ing, and thanks to Colores for pointing out it was originally in the wrong category! *hehe* Enjoy!
***
Prologue- The Crash

It was a dark and snowy night in the middle of January. The month after Christmas was the worst time for a tragedy of this extent to occur, but so it was. It happened in London, England, at an intersection right by Buckingham Palace.

The Marcus family was going to get dinner in the family van. Two parents, with three children lined up in the back seat like pigeons on one of those electric lines that runs over the road. All were completely oblivious to the reality that was about to hit them.

Swerving around the corner came a shiny red truck, bought only that day. The light was red, but that didn't stop the man in the truck. He was young and was not paying attention to the other cars on the road.

The second oldest in the van, a boy named Robin, was sitting on the side of the van the red truck hit. He was thrown into his brother and sister, yanked across the seat with the seat belt rammed into his neck.

And there was blood. Oh, there was lots of blood. Blood from all five of the family members in the van and the reckless man in the truck. Cracks and dents were everywhere, on the people and the vehicles.

Sirens were heard all over the city. This accident would be seen all over the news, and people would talk about it for days.

The Marcus family would never get their dinner, and they would never be the same again.

***

Robin Marcus was rushed to a hospital. He had been the last one out of the rubble that had once been his family's van.

His sister was diagnosed as having a broken arm, which was immediately put into a cast. Robin's brother was treated for a broken leg and four fractured ribs. Their mother had been on Robin's side as well, but the truck had hit more towards the back of the van, causing her to suffer only a slight concussion. Their father had been the best off of them all, having only gotten a few minor cuts and bruises from the air bag.

When Robin's family shuffled into his hospital room to see what damage had been done to him, they found on the bed a white being shaped like a human, but otherwise bearing no resemblance to the young man they knew and loved. He had broken his back, and due to the spinal injury could not move. He also had a face with cuts and bruises everywhere from shattered windows.

Back to school went the sister and brother, and to work went their father. Their mother continued to stay home, for she had no job and wouldn't want one at this time anyway.

The sister, only nine at the time, suffered the most out of the entire family. She was the closest to Robin, and missed him greatly while he stayed at the hospital. She started showing extreme interest in all things out of the ordinary. She became withdrawn from her friends and teachers at school, and spent most of her free time telling stories to her crippled brother. Whether or not he understood she didn't know, all she cared about was that she was getting some time with him. Nobody knew what this meant, or why she was acting so unusual.

Something the night of the accident had sparked a gene in the girl's body. And what caused all of this strange behavior? Something was happening to the daughter and sister they all knew and loved. Something almost... magical.

***

Our story begins with a girl meeting her true self and her parents becoming her worst enemy; a youngest brother learning of jealousy and his father of love; with Robin learning of recovery and his family of strength through the toughest of times.

This is the story of a family with many a problem to overcome and many a lesson to learn. A story of coming together through the rough times and learning to stick with the ones they love the most. And the road to their success starts with a single piece of paper.

***
Chapter Endnotes: I really, really appreciate any reviews I get. I know people that make awesome chocolate chip cookies! *waves cookies in front of face* You know you want some... Just fill out that little box, and click that little button.... It's as easy as 1-2! No 3 required.