Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Traitors by majestic_ginny

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

This is based on a true story. The BDR mutiny in Bangladesh occurred on 25th February 2009, where the border guard force, Bangladesh Rifles, revolted against its officers, killing 57 of the staff, including the Director General. This story is based on the incident.

I do not own Harry Potter. JK Rowling does, though.
Chapter Notes: Hi everyone :). I hope you'll enjoy this story. Please read and review!
Bordock the goblin was sitting on his throne-like chair, his long, sharp fingers clawing at its arms. His pointed ears were moving, trying to pick up any sound that could be detected. Beside him, his trusted companion, Argunk the Aberrant, was picking at the wand he had adroitly stolen from an unsuspecting Gringotts wizard. They were in a cave miles underground, deep inside the bowels of Gringotts, where no wizard could reach without the help of a goblin. The only sources of light were the torches that were suspended in brackets along the walls. The stone walls behind Bordock’s chair turned red and gold in the flames of the torches as they flickered.

“What’s taking Gorbuk so long?” Bordock hissed in Gobbledegook, gripping the arms of his chair tightly. His long nails threatened to sink into the wood. Bordock, however, did not notice, or pretended not to. He narrowed his eyes, distorting his already-grotesque face even more.

“I don’t know, Bordock,” Argunk said in his raspy voice, looking apprehensively at his superior. “He must have been caught or“”

His words were cut off by the loud noise of heavy footsteps. Bordock looked at the entrance of the chamber, where the sound seemed to have come from. A shadowy figure seemed to move in the darkness, and soon the ugly face of a large, brawny goblin came into view. The flickering light of the flames threw relief to the deep cuts scarring his face. His small eyes were bloodshot.

“Bordock,” the new goblin addressed. His loud booming voice echoed off the walls of the stone chamber.

“You have news, Gorbuk?” Bordock asked, leering at the newcomer. It seemed he was waiting for this goblin all along; he looked eager to listen to the news that Gorbuk had brought.

“Yes,” the informer replied, smirking.

“What is it?” Bordock asked, crossing one leg over another and leaning backwards in his chair.

“The response from the silly wizards is outstanding," Gorbuk told him. "Those foolish wizards don’t suspect a thing. It’s laughable! They think we are merely trying to get on good terms with them!”

“Good, very good. What else? Are all the Gringotts wizards going to be present in the… conference?”

“Definitely.”

“And? Are the Ministry wizards going to be there as well?” Bordock asked. He was getting very excited. The wild look in his eyes was rather unnerving.

“Of course they are.”

“And… their leader? The Minister for Magic, too?” Bordock said impatiently, leaning forwards in his chair. His grin was very wide now.

Gorbuk smiled evilly before saying one word, “Yes.”

“Excellent!” Bordock roared. “Next week, we will rejoice at our victory! All these wizards will be destroyed! Their upper echelons will crumble, begging for our mercy, and we, we, my fellow friends, will find our long-awaited freedom!”

Bordock threw his head backwards and laughed loudly. His laugh reverberated off the walls of the chamber. It was a high-pitched laugh that could send a chill down someone’s spine. Argunk and Gorbuk joined in with him, and together the three goblins celebrated at the doom that was about to befall.
Chapter Endnotes: Liked it? Hated it? I know this chapter is a bit... over-dramatic. Well then again, the story hasn't even properly started yet :P. Please review! --Nadia