Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

All Was Well. . . In The End by iLuna17

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

I will only own Harry Potter when sparkly unicorns run amok and I have the ability to eat rainbows and shoot glitter out of my hands. . . Basically, never.

I would like to thank my amazing beta and friend, Lily, or Padfoot11333, for her amazing work on this one-shot. You're the best!
Chapter Notes: I would like to thank everyone in the MWPP Class for all the helpfulness and fun. Abi and I enjoyed 'taking over' for a week. It was so much fun, and to think I was unsure of finishing the course. Also, HUGE hug and thanks to Lily, Padfoot11333, my amazing beta! Also, in case the really weird analogy didn't state it clear enough, HP = J.K. Not me.

One last thing: I don't own the Beatles and their song, In My Life.
Edit/NOTE TO MOD: I made the corrections you have asked for

–Moony, mate! You can’t do this!” Sirius shouted as Remus started to leave the dormitory.

–She has a right to know, Padfoot. She and Prongs were talking about marriage, and she would find out eventually. I’d be surprised if she already doesn’t know.” Remus started to leave again.

–But what about Snivellus?” Peter asked, also trying to stop his friend.

–You both know Lily hasn’t spoken to Severus in almost two years. And he already knows, in case you forgot,” Remus said coldly, his eyes lingering on Sirius. He really didn’t hold a grudge against Sirius; the full moon was only a week away and Remus was becoming moody.

–Remus! How many times do I have to apologize? I’m sorry; I was an arrogant fifth year. But you can’t tell Lily, mate. She doesn’t need this right now.” Remus was confused; Lily seemed fine that morning. Sirius threw himself face-down on his bed, groaning.

–What, Sirius? What’s wrong with Lily?” Sirius sighed.

–I can’t tell you, mate. James made me promise not to say a thing.”

–Why is Hogwarts so drama prone?” Peter interjected, staring off into space, obviously trying to change the topic before Sirus could tell Remus more about Lily.

–I dunno, Wormy, I dunno,” Sirius agreed, switching the topic. –I mean, we have Moony with his time of month, Lily and Prongsie fighting for a good five years before finally realizing they were in love, and Voldemort to add to the party. And you can’t forget-–

–WHAT HAPPENED TO LILY?” The ploy had not worked.

–Go ask her. I can’t tell you, James made me swear-–

–I don’t give a damn about James! Just tell me!”

–Bloody hell, Remus! Calm yourself!” James had entered the dorm. –Sirius is right for once. She needs to tell you.”

–Why won’t anyone tell me anything?” Remus started to storm off, but James cut him off. –The same reason you wouldn’t tell us about your furry little problem.” This stopped him. Remus ran his hand through his hair in a guilty manner.

–Bloody hell. I’m sorry. I didn’t realize-–

–It’s alright, mate. Just keep it quiet; I finally got Lily to sleep. Talk to her in the morning, she’ll be ready by then.” Remus looked surprised. –I know what you want to tell her, and I think you should.”

–Er, James?”

–Yeah, Remus?”

–It is the morning.” James lightly punched him.

–Not in Lily-topia it isn’t.” Remus laughed while Sirius imitated James swooning over Lily.

–Oh, Lily, I love you! I want to marry you and have kids, and spend all night with you while you cry! I love you so much, and I think your green eyes are the most-– But James face-planted him into his bed. It had started small, as no one could forget their favorite red-head, but in the moment their troubles had disappeared into their childish antics. Before they knew it, it was a full-fledged brawl. By the end of it all troubles were forgotten.

–Sirius, what the-– Sirius had launched himself across the room at James, tackling him to the floor.

–Say it!”

–Never!” Sirius straddled him and dug his knee into James’s chest. –Bloody hell!”

–Say it!”

–I love Sirius Black and I think he’s the most sexy thing to ever walk the planet!”

–Is this a bad time?” Lily had stumbled in, red eyed and tired. Sirius immediately got off James and let him go to his girlfriend. He was happy for James, but he didn’t understand how James had time to be in love, be a teenager, and fight a war. In a matter of months they would be in the real world, fighting against Voldemort.

–No, not at all. Is something wrong, Lils?” James put a hand around her shoulder.

–I’m okay. I was just wondering, if you told them. . .”

–Only Sirius. And I didn’t mean to! He was looking for me and he overheard.” Lily had not been ready to tell the Marauders her secret, but they knew she would when she was ready. It didn’t make the wait any less infuriating, but it was obviously something big, which made it all the more frustrating.

–It’s fine, James, really. I’ll be fine, I’ll be-– Then she burst into tears, and James shot the Marauders a meaningful look. They immediately left, confused and scared. Lily never cried.

*~-^-~*
–Wanna go get some breakfast?” Sirius asked as soon as they were out of the dorm.

–What was that about?”

–Nothing. She’ll tell you soon enough. Come on, let’s go get something to eat.” They let it go begrudgingly, and followed Sirius down the Great Hall. They ran into Peeves, but he caused them no trouble. Ever since Remus invented ‘Langlock’ Peeves left them well alone.

–Is that coffee?”

–No, Moony. Remember the last time. . . – Never give Remus Lupin coffee, especially before potions. Peter shuddered at the memory. They ate their breakfast in peace, and when neither James nor Lily joined them, they decided to temporarily vacate Gryffindor tower for a while.

–What ‘cha want to do today, Wormy?” Sirius asked, as it was his turn to choose which method they would use to get Sirius detention. It was a competition between James and Sirius; they were trying to set the school record.

–I’m feeling today is a snake-y day.” Peter usually chose to harass the Slytherins on his day, as before he was a Marauder he was objected to their taunts. They all generally chose that option as well, but other times they played Quidditch or pranked the professors.

–Excellent. I get to hex dear Reggie.” But Sirius never got the chance. On the way to the dungeons they ran into Snape.

–Why hello. . . Moony. Have you done the Astronomy homework? The moon cycle is quite an interesting unit, I would say. I find it very. . . informative,” Snape taunted.

–Bug off, Snivellus,” Sirius defended Remus, his wand raised.

–Professor Slughorn!” Snape called, and Sirius immediately hid his wand. Snape used the distraction to hex him, and eventually it became a full out duel. Until the verbal fighting started.

–Why so sad, Snivellus? Lose the only person who didn’t run from your sheer stench?”

–At least I have friends, Black. You’re just their lap dog.”

–I have better friends than the scum you think are your mates! And Lily sends her hate, by the way. Now that she’s gone you’re all alone, because those-”

–DON’T SAY THA-–

–YOU THINK YOU WERE SO GREAT TO HER? WHERE WAS SHE TODAY? OR DID YOU NOT NOTICE?”

–WHAT’S WRONG WITH LILY?”

–LIKE YOU WOULD CARE! YOU WOULD DUMP HER IN AN INSTANT IF YOUR PRECIOUS DARK LORD TOLD YOU TO!”

–TELL ME-–

–YOU DON’T CARE!”

–I DO-–

–HER PARENTS BLOODY DIED, SNIVELLUS! AND YOU DON’T CARE! YOU DIDN’T KNOW! YOU HURT HER SO MUCH!” Sirius had let it slip in the heat of the argument. Now all four of them knew. Sirius was very protective of Lily; after the incident by the lake they had become close, as she didn’t get along with most of the girls in her dorm and she was mad at James and Snivellus. She had looked sad and alone after the incident, so Sirius decided to be the chivalrous Gryffindor he was. Lily had been mad at Sirius as well at first, but he managed to explain certain parts of it to her, and Lily eventually forgave him for his ‘sheer stupidity’. Because of the incident, Sirius hated Snape even more, as he had seen Lily cry or scream over Snape more times than he could count.

–Let’s go, Sirius.” Peter lead a shocked Remus and a guilty Sirius back to Gryffindor tower.

*~-^-~*

–It’s secret time.” Peter said bluntly, having locked the Marauders and Lily into the boys dorms. He was annoyed with everyone and their inability to keep secrets. –Sirius goes first.”

–First of all, I’m really, really, sorry Lily, but-–

–What did you do?” she threatened.

–IaccidentlytoldSniv-Snapeaboutyourparents.” He looked at the floor.

–YOU DID WHAT?”

–It was an accident, I swear-–

–I can’t believe you told him!” She sank into James, who glowered at his best friend.

–I’m really sorry, Lily. If there’s anything I can do-–

–There’s nothing.” Her voice was hollow, and they sat there in silence. –Well, I most of you lot know part of this. My parents died; they were old and they got sick. Petunia had the funeral without me.” James whispered in her ear, and Lily managed a smile.

–Wait. . . you would do anything?” She asked mischievously, though not with her normal grandeur. Sirius paled visibly.

–Anything.” His voice was sincere.

–Even. . .” She whispered in his ear. Sirius blushed then nodded. –Okay then. I forgive you, but you have to hold up to your end of the deal. Tomorrow in the Great Hall.” They shook hand and there was an awkward silence.

–Is it still secret time?” Remus asked quietly.

–I don’t see why not, Remus.” Lily answered, looking puzzled.

–Lily,” he took a deep breath, –I’m a werewolf.”

–Okay.”

–I understand if you don’t want to associate with me but-–

–I said okay.”

–-I don’t want you to leave James because that idiot is head over heels for you, and-–

–Remus-–

–I want you two to be happy, and I don’t want to-–

–REMUS!” He stopped his rant. –It’s okay, I knew. I just wanted you to tell me. So what if you turn furry once a month, it’s just your version of a-–

–Aw, Lily, don’t go there! The mental images, they’re scarring!” Sirius put his hands over his eyes.

–You’re not mad? Or scared?” Remus was confused.

–I’ve known for a while, Remus. I don’t think any less of you.” Lily smiled and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. Remus sighed with relief.

–Wait a minute! Remus thought you already knew! So why was he. . . – Peter asked, obviously confused.

–Best not delve into Moony’s mind. It’s a scary place.” And so the secrets were out. There was only one thing left to do. . .

*~-^-~*

–Come on! We don’t want to be late!” Lily was dragging James by the hand into the Great Hall. Sirius would repay his debt today.

*~*

–I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. . .” Sirius was muttering under his breath while entering the Great Hall. He was about to embarrass himself in front of the entire school because that sweet yet fiery redhead told him to.

*~*

–What did you say you were going to have him do?” Remus asked Lily, as her grin was as wide as the English Channel. A week had past and Lily had come to terms with her parents’ deaths, and though she was not back to normal, Lily was recovering.

–It’s a surprise,” she sang, grabbing James’s hand again and skipping away, leaving Peter and Remus utterly confused.

–Women. . .”

–I thought it was just Lily.”

*~*

–Lily Evans must die, Lily Evans must die, Lily Evans must die. . .”

*~*

–Sh. . . it’s about to start!” Sirius had everything ready. The rose, the song, everything. And now the target just walked into the hall.

–Should I be scared?” Remus asked no one in particular.

–Very. Paddy is about to sing. . .” Lily revealed.

*~*

–OH REGGGGGIIIIEEEE!” Sirius called to his brother.

–Do you want be hexed, Black?”

–But Reggie, I have a song for you!” Sirius’s falsetto was very interesting; James had counted three voice cracks already.

–Sirius, what the h-–

–REGGIE I LOVE YOU! REGGIE I DO! WHEN WE’RE APART MY HEART BEATS ONLY FOR YOU!” The tune suddenly changed. –THERE ARE PLACES I’LL REMEMBER, ALL MY LIFE THOUGH SOME HAVE CHANGED! SOME FOREVER NOT FOR BETTER, SOME HAVE GONE AND SOME REMAIN!”

Lily had a slight obsession with the old Muggle band the Beatles. Sirius completed his song, gave his spluttering brother a rose, and skipped back to the Gryffindor table.

–That was bloody brilliant!” His friends choked out between laughs, until they were suddenly silent. Sirius did not turn around; he knew exactly who was standing behind him.

–Mr. Black shall not have time to serenade you this week; he will have detention with me for humiliating another student. Tonight at 7:00 please, Mr. Black. Have a good day, the rest of you lot.” Professor McGonagall was obviously not as amused as the Marauders were, and she would be thoroughly flabbergasted as to why Sirius Black would serenade the brother he often had detention for hexing. She did not interoperate the act as the Marauders and Lily did.

To them all was well, and even though secrets were told or slipped, the Marauders were still strong. And Lily hadn’t gone on an emotional rampage that caused the death of Sirius Orion Black or Severus Snape. That was all Hogwarts could hope for.