Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Your Anatomy by lovelle

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I'm so sorry if it took so much time to put this up. I had trouble with the story that I had to get three beta-readers for this. Meaning, I have to practice more on my writing!

Anyway, the first chapter you read was about Ron's memories about Hermione. So this second and final chapter, you'll read about Hermione's memories about Ron.

This is the second and final chapter, so I hope you enjoy reading!!

*****
Hermione woke up with sore limbs. She knew she should’ve stretched before swimming in the lake near the Burrow. Still lying on her bed, she stretched her whole body under her sheets.

Hmmm… I don’t remember using my sheets. Then the previous night came to her. She invited Ron to lie down on her bed. She felt her cheeks turning red at the thought of it. And then she smiled, wondering what he was doing while she was sleeping.

Hermione had a sudden thought. She dressed herself properly and went up to the floor where Ron’s room was located. She knocked on the door, but no one answered, so she grabbed the door knob and checked if it was unlocked. She grinned when she heard a click, and went inside Ron’s orange room.

Dawn was starting to come around. Hermione could see Ron asleep on the nearest bed from the door. She suppressed her laughter when she heard Ron snore a little. She looked at the other bed; Harry was still sleeping, but she looked back to Ron.

She approached Ron’s bed and sat down on it. She reached for Ron’s cheek. –Thank you so much for accompanying me last night,” she whispered to him, even though she knew that he would never hear it.

Hermione lay down on Ron’s bed and turned on her side to face him. And automatically, Ron turned to his side too, facing the surprised Hermione. For a second she thought that her boyfriend was awake, but he wasn’t.

Boyfriend.

Ron was her boyfriend now. She had never thought that this ginger-haired boy would be the very person she will be in love with. Just remembering the past made her laugh.

Without warning, Ron pushed his sheets away using his legs. Hermione helped him out. It was, after all, still summer; she couldn’t blame him if he felt hot. She pulled the sheets away and stared at Ron’s legs, which had hairs the same red as his head . But she also noticed some scars. She then remembered that in their third year Ron’s leg was broken because he twisted it in the Whomping Willow because Sirius was dragging him inside.

You know, I cried just hearing your body being torn . It was so awful hearing your voice full of pain. Harry and I ran towards you. I was so scared that I was going to lose you… I don’t want to see you dead! I wanted to see you laughing. But every time I remember you being so broken and bleeding in the Shrieking Shack,all I wanted to do was to care for you.

Hermione forgot when she closed her eyes. All she knew was that it was really scary. She didn’t even realize that her eyes were quite watery, but there were no tears while remembering that day… She opened her eyes and saw Ron’s legs full of the scars that he received from all the adventures that they had. Hermione started remembering the blocks that Ron made using his legs as the keeper of Gryffindor House. His legs were full of bruises after the games. Ron was one of the reasons why Gryffindor won the Quidditch Cup. After the game, the Gryffindors celebrated in the common rooms. And then, Hermione turned her face to the ceiling because she remembered someone really awful!

Why did you even have to go snogging her! Lavender Brown?! Really, Ron, really? That crystal-ball-watching, palm-reading, tea-leaf-interpreting, horrible girl! Hermione sighed and tried her best to calm down. I guess you can call it karma. You were just there, celebrating with everybody because you were the reason why Gryffindor won. To tell you the truth, I also wanted to come up to you and kiss you. Kiss you because you won and it felt like it was the right thing to do. But I hesitated because all those people were around. But seeing her kissing you ripped my soul apart… the only thing missing was a Dementor trying to snog me too!

But now… now, I have you…
Hermione’s body moved closer to Ron’s and her arm wrapped around Ron’s side . She noticed that his lanky body had gotten thinner. You fought hard Ron. You fought hard in the war, in defeating the Horcrux, leaving your family to fight. You got really pale, weak, and even got thinner. For a person who eats a lot, you’re really thin. Hermione smiled and laughed silently as she remembered Ron stuffing loads of food in his mouth whenever it was time to eat. I wonder what you’ll think of my cooking! I should try and cook for you sometimes…

Hermione closed her eyes and tried to imagine what food she would prepare for him… Chocolates came to her mind but suddenly…

I shouldn’t try and give you Chocolate Cauldrons… When I heard that you ate something with love potion… I got even more devastated! I mean, it’s bad enough that you were dating Lavender, and suddenly you fell in love with Romilda Vane! She’s a hideous person! I mean, she was out to get Harry. But it was scarier that you ate those because I even asked myself, –When are you going to fall in love with me?”

And then after that, you drank something poisonous!
Hermione tried to move closer. She wrapped her arms around his body. The hand that was holding his side was now holding his back. Don’t you ever scare me like that!

When I heard that you ate something with love potion, my mind was screaming no… And when they told me that you were in the hospital wing for drinking something poisonous, I just ran to where you were, and I couldn’t help but run even though everything in me hurt. All I wanted to see was you. When I saw you in that bed in the hospital wing, I saw you very pale; your lips were white as if you were dead. And then you opened those white lips of yours and muttered my name. Your subconscious was saying my name, and just hearing it was enough to know you were okay. You have no idea how happy I was when I heard you say that.

Harry finally told me every detail of what happened, and you have no idea how many thank you’s I gave him. I even told him –Thank you for saving him for me…”


Hermione opened her eyes and saw his lips. She was so relieved that they weren’t white. They were pink and slightly open because he was still sleeping. She giggled just seeing Ron so peaceful… and blushed.

You know, I’m so happy that you kissed me back when I first kissed you. You were so genuine when you said that you wanted to save the house elves, and I just knew you were my knight in shining armour! I know it’s stupid, calling you that , but you were! Knowing that you always cared for the things I care about is just amazing! I really love you for that! Hermione closed the remaining gap that their bodies made. You, lifting we in the air while kissing me, it was glorious! You should do that again some time . She giggled as she remembered their first kiss. And suddenly, she closed her eyes and she brushed her lips on Ron’s. A tingling sensation went through her body just by doing that and gave a huge smile. I just wish that you were my first kiss and I was yours too…

You really are my knight in shining armour!
Hermione then smiled and giggled at the thought of Ron riding a horse. And remembered that he really did! I remember when we were saving the Philosopher’s Stone, we were standing in a giant chess board, and you said that you would be the knight. You were so adorable! And you were very brave… That was the first time that you impressed me. And I’ll never forget, you were so in the zone of playing the game. You were ordering these giant pieces to go there and there, and you just amazed me. I even thought that you were dazzling at that time! Hermione laughed at the thought.

The hand that was holding Ron’s back travelled to his shoulder. Ron’s broad and lanky shoulder… Hermione felt an uneasy feeling in her gut. She remembered it.

I’m so sorry about the Splinch Ron. I’m so sorry. I should’ve warned you that we were Apparating. I ruined your whole arm Ron. I’m so sorry. Though the scars were under his shirt, Hermione could feel them. She remembered the blood streaming from them, and she tried her best to calm herself down and ordered Harry to get the Essence of Dittany and just poured it on his shoulder. Once again, you scared me Ron Weasley. Seeing those scars heal felt like I breathed again… I was so scared that I might lose you.

Hermione moved her hand downward to Ron’s arm, just above his elbow. When you left us and Disapparated, I couldn’t help myself but cry. Every night, I would cry, and I kept saying that you were mental for leaving… I even thought that you never cared for me as more than a friend… And I held to the hope that you did care for me as more than that because you wanted me to come with you… I wanted to. I want to come with you and be with you! I wanted to ran away too and see my family. I understand how you felt about your family. I wanted to stay with you, I wanted to follow you at that time, be alone with you… Just the thought of you leaving scared me because I never even told you how I felt. I never wanted those feelings to be left alone. I wanted you to come back for me… And you didn’t…

Hermione stopped, Ron grunted in his sleep. Hermione was squeezing Ron’s arm to the point that he almost woke up. So Hermione let go of his arm and held his hand . She interlocked her fingers between his… and smiled slowly.

But you did come back. I know now that you did come back for me too. When you were telling us that the Deluminator somehow managed to let you hear my voice…Those were the times that I wanted you to come back so bad. I’m just happy that you heard me say your name.

And when you came back, I wanted to hold your hand and know that it was not just a dream. You were holding the Sword and the locket in your hands. And I remembered once again that you were my knight.


Hermione’s thumb was making a circular motion on Ron’s hand. Her eyes went to his face, his peaceful sleeping face, and once again smiled at him. She just admired the sight of Ron on her side.

Your hair suits you, you know… I just love that it’s so red, and even though your family has the same hair colour, yours is very unique. I just love how you mess your hair up and make it your own; I even love to feel your hair when we kiss.

Your freckles are so adorable, do you know that? How there are so many of them on your face, and they even spread all over your body. And when you blush it’s seems they’re gone but it’s always there…
Hermione started caressing Ron’s cheek.

I like your nose, how it’s quite long and thin. And your lips that I so love to kiss!

Ron, I just love you much. I love everything about you. The way you look, the way you are and who you are… Some memories make me remember the bad times but at least I had them with you. And I’ll forever cherish the good times and make more with you. I hope you feel the same way too…


Without intending it, her thought formed into words.

–I love you Ron.”

A hand landed on Hermione’s hand, which was still caressing Ron’s cheek, and she saw that it was his . Ron suddenly smiled and opened his eyes to see Hermione lying on his bed.

–I love you too Hermione.” The words escaped from Ron’s lips, still curled into a smile . Hermione just smiled back at him.

–Good morning!” Ron started rubbing his eyes and returned his hand to where Hermione was touching his cheek. –So what are you doing in my bed?”

Hermione blushed and said, –To say good morning to you…”

–Well, I love the way you do it. You should do it every day,” Ron said.

–Good morning, you two!”

Ron rolled off the bed and slammed on the floor. Hermione automatically sat up and was shocked to see Harry stretching facing the window.

–Yeah… Good morning, mate,” Ron said, rubbing his nose and sitting back down on his bed with Hermione.

–So… uhmm… how long have you been awake?” Hermione said apprehensively.

–Hmm… Let’s see…” Harry turned to face them with a smug on his face . –I should try to wake Ginny up just like Hermione did! Well, I’ll leave you two alone!” Harry nodded.

–Bad idea mate, that’s not a good plan!” Ron rose from his bed, running toward him.

Hermione was still sitting on Ron’s bed laughing at what happened. Ron came running back to his room and sat beside Hermione. –It’s not a bad idea you know, you should do that every day!”

–Then you should tuck me in every night too!” Hermione replied.

–Sure, it’s not a bad idea too.” Ron gave Hermione a kiss on the lips and cut it off quickly. –Sorry about the morning breath!” Ron said slightly embarrassed . He turned red immediately.

–That’s okay.” Hermione felt the tingling sensation again, like the time she kissed him earlier. She smiled at seeing Ron’s freckles disappear because of blushing.

–C’mon, let’s stop Harry waking up Ginny like… that!” Ron grabbed Hermione’s hand, and they ran toward the door.
Chapter Endnotes: Thank you for reading this fic! I really hope you liked it! Thoughts , comments, and reactions are gladly appreciated!

Thank you so much to my three beta-readers: Shinju, Lily and especially to Megan!