Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Their Affliction by Alice Mac

Printer
Summary: Love - that's what Albus thinks sets us apart. The ability to love and the power that it gives you.

I disagree: I think it's hate. Hate is pure, fierce and unyielding. It courses through you like fire and invests you with its strength. Hate guards you from other people - it protects you. If all you feel is hate, you have nothing to lose. You are untouchable.

Love drains you. It forces you to care about others and their welfare and if they are harmed...well, then it brings grief, anguish and pain that rivals any curse. Love reels you in with its sweetness, comfort and passion and then destroys you with its absence. It is crueller than any curse. It is the Gryffindor affliction.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Dark/Angsty Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 3433 Viewcount: 1222
Published on: 04/12/12 Updated On: 04/19/12



Story Notes: This is set on the night of October 31st 1981 when Voldemort came to the safe house in Godric's Hollow and is entirely from his point of view. All of the dialogue, except for the verbalisation of the spells, is from Harry's vague memories of the event as detailed in PoA and therefore, like the characters, belongs to JKR.

I don't actually think any of the things Voldemort does, but I thought it would be interesting to explore what his views on the night might have been



1. You Could Have Been Great by Alice Mac [ - ] (3433 words)