Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Ghosts That Follow by Nagini Riddle

Printer
Summary:

Haunted memories are as the ghosts that follow...

Merope's life takes a different path when she meets Abraxas Malfoy, a rich young man who promises to help her out of her situation. But when she arrives at the designated place to meet, he isn't there, and all she can see is a ghastly green potion beckoning her to step forward and drink.

Consuming the potion leads her into another world, where marbled structures speak in Delphic tongues, forests hold the mind prisoner, and poisonous bugs stalk their victims.

But that isn't all. She comes to the realization that perhaps memories and experiences are naught but deceitful apparitions meant to drag her soul down into endless misery. It is then that she must make a decision - give in or simply give up.

This is Nagini Riddle of Gryffindor, writing for Round 9 of the Gauntlet.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Abuse, Alternate Universe, Mental Disorders
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 3 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 12068 Viewcount: 3436
Published on: 11/10/12 Updated On: 11/21/12



Story Notes: The poems at the beginning of each section are my own. :)

A big shout out to my wonderful guide, hestiajones, whom without I would have given up!

And a great big hug to my wonderful betas, Karaley Dargen and MapleandPhoenixFeather.

P.S. Alternate Universe is only for time traveling, since I think it would not have been canon to have Merope go back in time. But that was the prompt I was given. Cheers!


1. Part 1- Phantasma by Nagini Riddle [ - ] (5050 words)

2. Part 2 - Reverberation by Nagini Riddle [ - ] (3096 words)

3. Part 3 - Ethereal by Nagini Riddle [ - ] (3922 words)