Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Stag by Tap

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: I would just like to congratulate kay on her new mod spot! lol! CONGRATS KAY! Also, I would just like to tell all of you readers out there that I am deeply considering deleting "No Harry?!?!", so if you want otherwise, voice your concerns now or forever hold your peace! Also, I would like to say that this plot is all mine. Yesh, for all of you who rp with me, it is one of my intros, but I didn't get anything else from any rp I've done. If I ever would like to do so, you will be asked first because I'm just nice like that! So just sit back, and enjoy reading and ignore my rambling! lol

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A tree, a barn, more trees and some cows. These were the sights that flashed through the emerald eyes of a certain 17-year-old girl as she gazed out the window. The red-head tore her eyes off of the country that the train was passing by and placed her attention on a small brown something she was fiddling with in her hands. That certain something had black button eyes that were looking at her in a way that said “I know something you don’t know.” It was a tiny stuffed animal, a stag in fact. Over the summer Lily Evans had received it from an unknown owl with an unknown owner. She had come to one conclusion about the person though. The person was a wizard or a witch, like her.

Well, that wasn’t much help to her considering she spent a great part of the year surrounded by hundreds of them. When the owl had first dropped the package on her desk and flown off, she had been sure the owl had made a mistake. But sure enough, around the neck of the stag had been a note: “So you never forget me Lily.” It was possibly the strangest and most bizarre gift Lily had ever gotten and the strangest note as well.

Not including the stag, Lily had had a very boring summer indeed. Her muggle sister, Petunia, had met the boy of her dreams, but he seemed more like a pig to Lily. She had basically spent her summer sitting around lazily in her room, and on occasion doing something with her old muggle friends.

Speaking of muggles, she had on muggle attire rather than her Hogwarts robes since the train had just started moving, and she hadn’t had time to change into them yet. She had on a pair of jeans and a green tank top. With the green tank top on, it made her eyes stand out even more behind all those long layers of red hair that was constantly falling into her face. For October, even though it was the first, it was a particularly warm day, and so she was able to wear a tank top.

Just then, the compartment door slid open with a “bang” and her attention was moved to the person who was standing in the doorway in a sort of pose. “I am here!” spoke the voice of a very conceited 17-year-old boy.

“You couldn’t just leave me alone for one minute now could you?” Lily asked looking at him in almost bored way.

“Nope!” he grinned an almost flirtatious way, and crushed some of his long black hair out of his gray eyes. He sat down next to her, having noticed the stag. “So, who’d you get that from?” he asked actually giving her the same look the stag seemed to be giving her.

“It’s none of your business Black,” she snapped glaring at him and trying to hide the stag behind her back.

“You don’t know, do you?” Sirius asked, a smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth.

“I never said that!” Lily retorted but was unable to hide the blush that was slowly creeping up her cheeks.

“Sirius Black is never wrong!” he said in a jokingly triumphant voice and grabbing the stag from her, and examining it. Lily just crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him. “I know who this is from!” he chanted in a sing song voice.

“Oh?” Lily raised a brow at him in a disbelieving manner.

“Would I lie?” Sirius pretended to look hurt.

“You have got to be kidding me,” Lily gaped at him.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” he smirked and began tossing the stag to and fro in his hands.

“So,” Lily spoke up after about a minute of silence during which she watched him “juggle” the stag. “Who’s it from?”

“If I told you, it would spoil the surprise!” Sirius tried to look shocked.

“I don’t recall it being a surprise,” she retorted.

“That’s what makes it a surprise, it’s a surprise surprise!”

“I don’t like surprises.”

“That’s just too bad then.”

“Just tell me!“ Lily cried and snatched the stag back from him as it was in mid-toss.

“Nope, I don’t think I will,” Sirius smirked standing up and making his way towards the door of the compartment.

“Hey, where are you going?” Lily blinked at him.

“Away,” he shrugged and left.

“Why won’t he tell me!” she cried aggravated to the stag almost expecting it to reply. But sadly, it was just a normal stuffed animal, nothing magical, so it just sat there in her hand, un moving looking just as innocent as ever.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: I hope you guys like it, and I'll try to update as much as possible, but considering my addiction to roleplaying, my evergrowing pile of homework, my eight dance classes a week, my having a main part in my school play, and the dance class I assist, I might not get around to it so quickly, but I'll still try my best! I have this thing, where I will not update it until I get 10 reviews because I'm just like that! But for the first chappie, I'll only make it 5 because it's new! So please, R/R for the sake of this fanfic!




Since the mean mods are taking forever, here's a preview of the 2nd chappie:

“Lily, you’re late! Everyone’s waiting for you!”

“Huh? Wuh?” Lily sat up and rubbed her eyes. She had fallen asleep lying across the seat. She looked at the person standing in the doorway. It was a boy who looked to be about her age. He had messy black hair that gave him the appearance that he had just gotten off a broom stick. He was about average height, a smidgen taller than Lily. His hazel eyes twinkled from behind his wire rimmed glasses as he smiled at Lily.

“What are you talking about Potter?” Lily replied with a yawn.

“Well, you’re Head Girl aren’t you?” he grinned.

“Yeah… hey! How’d you know?” she snapped.

“How else?” he puffed out his chest and she saw a badge on it that read : “HB”.

Lily’s mouth fell open. She couldn’t believe it! Potter? Head boy? How could this be happening! Did Dumbledore hit his head or something? He’s always pranking people, how can he be head boy?



A/N: Here's chappie 2!
http://maraudersera21.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=landj&action=display&num=1110493197